The Grand Magic Games

After each team had made their way to their stands, they began announcing the first game. From the floor of the arena, a whole city emerged, made of dust and stone. Hiro tugged lightly on Gajeel's shirt, whispering to him with wide eyes, and an even wider grin.

"They look like Edolas buildings."

The raven-haired man snorted, surveying the buildings from his spot next to her, leaning over the railings she was balanced precariously on. Hiro stood on the balls of her feet, resting on her heels. In this position, she could easily stand, but she could also easily fall. Which is why he's standing so close.

"Kinda do, Pipsqueak." Gajeel cackles.

"IT'S NOW TIME FOR THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES OPENING GAME, HIDDEN, TO BEGIN!"

Hiro perked up, turning back to the others with enlarged eyes and bouncing up and down.

"OH! Can I play!?" She asked, sparking in her excitement. "Can I?! Can I?! Can I?! Can I?! Can I!-"

A hand touched her shoulder, and she blinked over at Mirajane,

"Of course you can play, Hiro." the white-haired woman said, and Hiro stood up swiftly with a cheer.

So, after giving Mira a large hug - and ignoring the 'what have you done?!' looks Laxus and Gajeel were giving the white-haired woman - Hiro sprung off the banister in a back-flip, landing softly on her feet within the arena.

"FAIRY TAIL TEAM B IS THE FIRST ON THE FIELD! A FAN FAVORITE OF THE GMG, HIRO HIDASHI HAS BEEN CHOSEN TO COMPETE!"

Hiro laughs, waving to the people with both hands, bouncing back and forth as the rest of the competitors enter the field. Rufus from Sabertooth, Gray from Team A, Lyon from Lamia Scale, Eve from Blue Pegasus, Nullpudding from Raven Tail, Beth from Mermaid Heel, and Jäger from Quatro Cerberus.

From the stands, Hiro can hear Juvia crying 'I didn't know Gray-sama was going to compete!', so she turns and smiles back at her.

"Mýggjabiti! Juvia!" she catches the bluenette's attention, "You can go in the next one!" Hiro does a strange fighting pose, making herself giggle, "Show off your moves!"

The bluenette, still crying, gives her a thumbs-up, and Hiro gives a smile, eyes closed in smug satisfaction as the announcer booms overhead. The rules were explained, all while Hiro bounces back and forth over an invisible line, before;

"FIELD OPEN!"

Hiro vanished in a bolt of lightning, the blur swerving up and around buildings, through clones, and up, up, up to the top of the tallest building before anyone else could move into the city.

She crouched low to the roof of the building, eyes flicking around for the smallest sign of movement. From her vantage point, no one else on the field could see her - only the spectators. Her nose sniffed, sifting through the magic that filled the arena. Clones, clones, clones, clones-

Her pupils dilated, and a grin stretched across her face as she raced her hand, formed into a finger-gun, to aim..

"Shock!" she whispered, a playful hum to her tone.

A viscous bolt of lightning shot from her fingertip in the direction of Beth, the scent of dirt and freshly watered gardens clear as day to her inhuman nose.

"AND THAT'S ONE POINT FOR FAIRY TAIL TEAM B!" The announcer calls out, "FIRST POINT OF THE GAME!"

Hiro shifts again, searching for a new target.