Chapter 30

"You smell like a dog," I laughed, turning on the shower.

"Not as much as you," Edmond said, glancing at me as I stepped into the large, glass enclosure.

"Do you, uh, want to get in with me?" I asked nervously.

"Um. I've never showered with anyone before."

"I'm sure it's the same as showering alone, but with someone in the shower with you."

We both glanced around the room while washing ourselves. It was the closest I'd ever been to a naked man. I did my best to not look at him, which was ridiculous. We were about to mark one another. This was going to become our norm. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, reaching for his soap.

"Uh huh. I'm good. You?"

"I'm fine. You sure?"

"Yup."

"El, you're as red as a tomato and staring at the ceiling."

"Oh, I know."

"You can look at me?"

"Yup. I can."

"Not going to?" he asked.

"Not yet."

"Nervous?"

"Just a little bit."

He chuckled lightly and rinsed himself as I washed my face.

My heart thudded in my chest when his hand brushed my shoulder. My inner wolf whined and pawed to get out.

Nope. You stop that.

Knocking interrupted us as we finished up.

"Are you done?"

"Almost," Edmond called out.

"Are you both in there?" the voice asked.

"Yes. We were told to shower. So we showered."

"Together?"

"Yes. Together."

"Disgusting," the voice said.

"Harmony!" I screamed. "Get out of my suite!"

"You don't own the castle. Stop being a damn brat."

"Get out!" Edmond roared over her. "She does own the suite. It is our room. Not yours!"

"Harmony. For the love of Goddess. Why can't you just stop! Go to the ballroom. Now!" I heard mother yell at her.

"I believe King Orsand will have a conversation with her later," I heard the soft voice of Queen Amelia drift through the door once the water was off.

"I've had it with her, Edmond. I swear I'm going to kill her."

"Calm down, love. I know. She's really trying my patience too."

"Did we have to invite her?"

"She's Alex's mate. We did."

I sighed heavily. "Did he have to come? He's just as bad."

Edmond wrapped a towel around my body and pulled me close. I think I stopped breathing when I felt his hot, wet flesh against mine. 

"He at least knows when to hold his tongue and knows his place in the ranking. Your sister..."

"Is an asshole?"

"To put it kindly," he muttered. "I can't believe you two are related."

"Neither can I." I took a deep breath. "I guess, we really aren't. She's just wolf. I'm the daughter of Artemis who just hitched a ride for 9 months."