In love

Steve Harrington X Reader

Warnings: None x

Eddie picked you up at 6. He said he would pick you up at 5 but if Eddie was ever on time you'd pay him a thousand bucks out of sheer surprise.

He was blasting some radio fuzz that was simply mind numbing when you got into the passenger seat. You turned it down as soon as you got in and said hi.

"Ready?" He asked, looking at your outfit and back up at your eyes. "Of course," You said simply before he pulled out of your driveway and sped down the street until you were on the highway.

"What's new in the family video scene?" You asked, catching up as you hadn't actually seen Eddie in some weeks. He began working at the same place as Steve Harrington and Robin in the summer, hating every minute of it.

It wasn't purposeful, Eddie just worked a lot and you were always shopping or at university. It was only a short half an hour away so you were able to stay at home and also attend classes daily.

"Oh it's thrilling. I should be ready to kill myself any day now," He said, leaning back with one hand on the wheel.

Steve's driving was wreck less, he seemed like he didn't care that he was driving on the edge of madness. Or that the way he was driving would possibly kill him one day. He just didn't care.

"You work with Robin though, that's got to be something," He looked with indignance at the road ahead and shook his head with a sigh.

"All she talks about it meaningless shit. It's exhausting," You nodded and looked at the road.

Eddie turned off and headed off the highway.

Once at the party things got better. As soon as you got there you grabbed the vodka and got Eddie to do a shot with you. After that you grabbed Tommy and got him to do one before walking away and finding Eddie again with a beer in his hand a girl on his hip.

"Hey," You said, smiling at Eddie and the girl.

"Have you seen Sophie do a shot, i tell you, weirdest shut i've ever fucking seen," He looks from you to her. She was red headed thing, small frame and stunning. "Oh stop it, it's not that big of a deal. I can just do it without making a face and Eddie thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread, i'll tell ya," She said, with a thick southern accent.

She looks up at him and he wraps an arm around her smiling. He's definitely had another shot while you were gone because he wouldn't be able to do that with just one. "It is impressive," He said.

You hummed, who the fuck was this chick. "Well, sounds lovely. I'll just go find some other people... in a different area, away from this," You smiled, scrunching your nose up and turning in your heel. When you left she was still hanging off his arm, giggling and laughing.

You rolled your eyes, pushing past people in the hallways, walking into the bathroom. You shut the door and sighed, turning and leaning against it with your eyes closed.

"Are you okay?" Your eyes snapped open and you looked to the bath where there sat a Steve Harrington.

He was wearing a leather jacket and black trousers with a black turtleneck. He smiled and his hair bounced as he spoke.

It's not like you hadn't ever spoken to Steve. He went out with Nancy Wheeler at one point and you were quite good friends with her in high school. After high school not so much. Steve wasn't exactly someone you would go out of your way to speak to, but god was he gorgeous.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, i didn't realise someone was in here." You smiled, he grinned, pulling a bottle of vodka from his pocket and taking a swig. "Don't worry about it, just wallowing in the bathtub. Like any normal guy," He said.

You nodded, shifting in your feet. Steve didn't seem drunk, less drunk than the half empty bottle suggested. "Wallowing? About what?" He shrugged.

"I'm single, sad and alone. I work a dead end job and have no career prospects so...wallowing." He smiled, you giggled. Not at his situation, he was just really cute.

You sat on the edge of the bathtub, falling backwards carefully to sit next to him in the tub.

"That's okay, Steve. Lots of people feel the same way. Even if they don't say it." You took the vodka bottle of him, swigging it and humming. Not being able to do it with a straight face like SoPhiA.

"How's life treating you, Y/N?" You shrugged, "Fine, i'm at university right now so, very busy."

"Living your best life then?" He said, smiling. You nodded, taking another swig, feeling it after the sting of alcohol hits your throat. You start craving a cigarette and bite your lip.

"I've always liked you y/n, just so lovely and chill. I like that," He said. He likes that? He LIKES THAT? You smile and look away, shaking your head.

"What? What is it?" He said, nudging you. "Always know what to say, don't you , Harrington?" You asked, looking at him. His eyes looked over you, laughing. "I guess. Flirting just comes naturally to me i guess," He stated, smirking. "Now i know you're drunk." You laughed, shaking your head.

There's no way Steve Harrington would be saying these words to you if it wasn't for half of the bottle of vodka missing. "Or maybe you're just beautiful," You couldn't help but giggle and blush. This guy was fucking smooth are you kidding? Might just fall in love right here right now.

"Okay, fine. Let's entertain this then. How about, i give you my number and you call me in the morning if you really mean it?" You asked, feeling bold after the few shots.

"Couldnt want anything more." He said. You nodded and gave him your number on a piece of paper after hunting for said piece of paper and a pen.

He smiled and said thank you, kissing you on the hand and then going to find his friends. You waited a moment before rejoining society, wondering how the fuck you just pulled Steve Harrington.

He did call you the next day.