Chapter 24

Hope laid in the bed beside Scott as she listened to his rhythmic breathing. She rested her head on his bare chest as she lightly ran a finger down his muscle-toned torso.

It was still early in the morning, Hope eyed the clock nearby, 1:27 AM.

Scott readjusted his position and wrapped his arm around Hope as he hugged her body close to him.

Hope felt her face blushing but smiled to herself. It felt right to be with him. She didn't want this moment to end.

***

Scott nestled his face into the crook between Hope's neck and shoulder. "I love you," the werewolf murmured against her soft neck. Hope opened her eyes before looking at Scott with a smile. "You read my mind." She voiced.

***

Scott opened his eyes and found Hope on the edge of the bed. Covering her bare torso with the sheet of the bed.

"Hope, is everything alright?" Scott questioned before she turned around. She had blood at her throat and covering her hands. His eyes widened.

"Scott?" She gasped as he watched her collapse to the floor. "Hope!" Scott exclaimed dropping to her side, in tears.

"Once a killer, always a monster." A familiar voice sounded. Scott rose to his feet to see Gerard Argent holding a long sword. "DIE!" The old man shrieked throwing the blade at Scott. The edge of the blade sliced through Scott's arm.

He screamed out in pain before he found himself jolting upright in the bed beside a waking Hope.

His left arm stung. He peered down to see a bleeding cut in his bicep, the same place the sword had struck him in the nightmare.

"Scott, hey, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" Hope mumbled sitting up. "No...we have a problem." Scott breathed out heavily before Hope found the wound on Scott's arm.