Chapter 9.5: A Good Ending for... Class D?

On an afternoon...

Horikita was walking leisurely through the school. However, her walk stopped to bump into a violet-haired boy, where an ominous smile adorned his face.

"So they pulled audio of our conversation, huh? That was interesting."

"And you are?"

Horikita asked the mystery student, seemingly perturbed.

"Next time, I'll be your opponent. I look forward to it."

The boy continued on his way without answering Horikita's question.

All Horikita could do was stare silently at the boy.

That was a very short conversation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

꧁༒-...-༒꧂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"[I hope you keep your promise, Horikita-senpai]."

A refreshing air hit Kaede's body. She closed her eyes a little, enjoying the light breeze passing by at that moment.

"[Did you call me to remind me of that?]

Manabu questioned the girl talking to him on the phone.

"[I just wanted to remind Horikita-senpai of our bet]".

"[...]"

"[...]"

"[Whatever. May I ask who you're going to get me into the council?"]"

"[To Ichinose]."

"[The Class-B girl?]"

He wanted to verify.

"Exactly. The same one you turned down. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on her in case she ever makes a mistake. I guess it's my responsibility to look out for her and support her for saying that she's good to get into the student council...]."

"[I see. Don't worry. I also think she can become someone competent for the student council. I'll entrust you to take care of her]".

"[Understood!"]

And with that call finished, Kaede looked towards an alley behind her, seeing her brother and Sakura. There were also two security guards and an employee being subdued by the two security guards.

What was going on? All in all, Sakura's stalker problem was solved with the stalker being subdued by the security guards.

"Well... Do you guys want to have a drink? We won this battle."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

꧁༒-...-༒꧂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, the first bell rang, starting the day's classes. Also, with the sound of the bell, Chabashira made her presence in the classroom.

"Good morning class. This will be quick." - Chabashira stood at the podium to continue with what she was going to say. - "As you may already know, yesterday the final result of Sudou's trial was given. In that trial, in addition to proving that everything that happened was a plan to harm Sudou, this class gained a total of 300 class points, which were previously Class-C points. Now, with the addition of those class points and the points they had previously, for the next month, this class will become Class-C. I have to congratulate you guys. You managed to bounce back a little bit after your fall in your second month at this school."

A small cheer went up in the room. That was great news for a class that started from scratch.

Some began to congratulate Horikita and Kushida. Kushida responded to the thanks she received, while Horikita ignored them.

And as expected, no one knew that Kaede was the one who planned everything. However, the girl in question didn't care. She just stared at the happy comments of her classmates in her seat.

The only reason for not calling was: Nothing. She didn't have a reason, as she simply decided to let things happen as they were happening now, with Horikita and Kushida taking credit for saving Sudou in the lévate that took place, and they supposedly managed to gain some class points.

A-Class: 1004

Class-B: 663

Class-C: 192 (300 Points taken away by Class-D)

Class-D: 387 (300 Points given by Class-C)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

꧁༒-...-༒꧂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready, Ichinose?"

Kaede asked the girl next to her, as they both stood in front of a door.

The girl in question looked nervous, though only a little. Ichinose knew how to control her nervousness quite well.

"Really... I don't know how to thank you, Kaede-san."

"As I had told you, it's nothing you have to thank me for. I got you on the student council on a whim of mine. It's a little awkward not having someone to talk to when I'm doing my job. The senpais here are.... boring."

"Hehe...".

Ichinose just laughed nervously at Kaede's last words.

"I feel this is unfair. I didn't get in by my own methods...".

Kaede turned to look at Ichinose.

"Then prove it here, at the council. I'll help you in any way I can. After all, I also have to prove to Horikita that I am not wrong in my decision."

Ichinose nodded at Kaede's words with a smile.

"I'll do my best not to disappoint the senpai, and most of all, you!"

Kaede smiled at her friend's words as she opened the door.

"Good afternoon... Here I bring the newest member of the student council."

...

...

...

07/09/2022

As I said, a short chapter, even for my taste.

I wanted this chapter to be long, but try as I might, I didn't get it.

Anyway, see you in the next chapter coming out today. Bye.