17 | The Harsh Game of Love

"Well done, that was really good," he tells me, his arms extended as he welcomes me into a loving hug

I scoff, rolling my eyes at him as I walk straight passed.

I can't believe he thinks that all is forgiven. Of course it isn't.

He was horrible to me. He told me that I was selfish, and that the only person I care about is myself.

That just isn't true, and he must know it too. Of course I care about other people, him being the number one person I care about.

He's everything to me. He's the person I want with me when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I feel like I'm gonna burst into tears of laughter, and when I'm about to burst into tears of sadness.

He knows that. He knows me better than to tell me that I don't care about him.

I know I fucked up too. I should never have brought up his mom, I knew that was off limits, but that's exactly why I said it.

I needed to let him know that he hurt me, but I regretted it immediately, before the words even left my mouth I knew I shouldn't have been saying them, but I did anyway.

It was a shitty move, but I was caught up in a moment, I was angry. I couldn't believe that he actually decided to forgive Michelle.

I know that she didn't do anything to me directly, and I know that West said it was selfish of me to be mad at him, that the root of my anger was caused by me wanting him to just agree with me.

That's not the case though. The fact is that Michelle hurt my best friend. She hurt Giselle so much, and as much as I'd like to for the sake of my boyfriend, I just can't look passed that.

I can't forget about the tears that Giselle cried over the entire winter break, about the occasional texts I still get even to this day about how she just wishes that she could be with Michelle.

She cried in my arms for hours, and the worst part was, I don't even think it was all Michelle's fault.

Giselle has always struggled with relationships, she gives too much way too quickly and then is heartbroken when it doesn't work out.

It's in her nature, she's the same with friendships, but I just kept telling her that one day that will come to her benefit.

One day she'll find the right person, and they'll love her unconditionally, all her quirks and weird remarks, they'll know that those things make Giselle who she is.

Maybe Thalia is that person, maybe she's not. Either way, I just want Giselle to be happy. I know she will find the right person one day, and for now Thalia is a good distraction from her heartbreak.

I don't think the rest of our friends know just how deep Michelle's actions cut Giselle. She didn't want to make a big deal out of it, in typical Giselle fashion.