Spiders

"Professor Snape," Professor McGonagall said curiously. "what brings you here?" 

Snape pulled Y/N into the room roughly by his arm.

"L/N here attacked a student unprovoked." Snape informed. "And as he is in your house, you are the one to take care of it."

McGonagall looked over her glasses at Y/N, who yanked his arm out of Snape's grip. 

"Very well," she sighed. 

"And it was only natural that I deducted house points for this, fifty to be exact." Snape sneered at Y/N and slipped his way out of the office.

"Would you please inform me as to what compelled you to attack a student?" McGonagall questioned, that scary tone in her voice that Y/N had become all too familiar with.

"It was Malfoy, Professor." said Y/N curtly. 

"And what did Malfoy do?"

"Said that he'd hoped that Hermione was — was killed." Y/N said, voice breaking as he kicked the floor where he stood.

Y/N never was a mushy person, but even he had to try his hardest to keep it together. 

Professor McGonagall gasped. "He didn't..." 

Y/N nodded. 

"Come now," said McGonagall walking towards the door. "I must get you to your next class, Herbology, isn't it?"

Y/N nodded and together they stepped out into the halls.

"I'm not in trouble, Professor?" Y/N asked as they walked through the giant oak doors and on to the grounds. 

"As far as I'm concerned, you are not. Although your methods were a tad excessive, you exhibited the true qualities of a Gryffindor, and for that, I couldn't be more proud."

Y/N smiled as they neared the Greenhouse. 

"Off you go, now." McGonagall said. 

Y/N strode off towards the Greenhouses, spirts lifted immensely. 

"Oh and Mr. L/N." McGonagall called. "Fifty five points to Gryffindor for a tremendous act of loyalty."

~~~

"How'd it go?" Harry asked as Y/N stepped in to the greenhouse. 

"Well, I got to punch Malfoy and get fifty five house points back so, I think it went pretty well."

"I'll say, punching Malfoy — wait did you say fifty five house points?" Ron asked happily. "You made back what you lost and an extra five?"

Y/N then told Harry and Ron about what had happened in Professor McGonagall's office as they were tasked with pruning Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. Harry went to tip an armful of withered stalks onto the compost heap and found himself face-to-face with Ernie Macmillan. Ernie took a deep breath and said, very formally, "I just want to say, Harry, that I'm sorry I ever suspected you. I know you'd never attack Hermione Granger, and I apologize for all the stuff I said. We're all in the same boat now, and, well—"

He held out a pudgy hand, and Harry shook it.

Ernie and his friend Hannah came to work at the same Shrivelfig as Harry, Y/N, and Ron. 

"That Draco Malfoy character," said Ernie, breaking off dead twigs, "he seems very pleased about all this, doesn't he? D'you know, I think he might be Slytherin's heir."

"That's clever of you," said Ron, who hadn't forgiven Ernie just yet.

"Do you think it's Malfoy, Harry?" Ernie asked.