ISSUE #56

INSIDE THE WARWORLD NEXT-GENERATION ARENA

Grant felt a chill go up his spine. It was night now he could tell. He heard a soft female voice humming and felt someone gently wiping sweat from his brow. His vision blurred when he opened his eyes. He saw Managal for a second and then his vision cleared.

"Hey, you're awake." Mar'i smiled.

He blinked a few times.

He heard some footsteps moving towards him. Grant moved his head to see Jon throw more wood into a fire.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

Grant ran his tongue over his chapped lips.

"My leg..." He tried to sit up.

"Woah try not to move man," Jon said pushing him back down.

"My head hurts... did you hit me in the head?" Grant asked.

Jon and Mar'i looked at each other.

He had passed out while they were carrying him.

"It must be from the pain," Mar'i said looking at him.

"We got get him some water or something," Jon replied.

"Look, over there a cave." Mar'i nodded towards a dark cave in the distance.

"Okay let's lay him there I'll go out and get water and you can stay with him," Jon said.

"Got it."

They walked over toward the cave as they walked they could hear some type of growling in the distance.

"Not this shit again," Mar'i groaned.

"Must have not reached their injury quota for the season yet," Jon replied.

"Take him to the cave and I'll take care of them." Mar'i picked Grant up and put him gently in Jon's arms.

"Aye aye, captain."

As Jon was running towards the cave a hound came out from the trees and pushed him to the ground with its head. Jon dropped Grant on his back.

"You guys are making me want to be a cat person!" Jon yelled punching the hound in the face.

The hound cried and went down to bite Jon's arm when Mar'i threw a rock at its head.

"Here boy!" She whistled.

The hound growled and ran after her leaving Jon and Grant behind. Jon hurriedly helped Grant up and moved to the cave.

Mar'i backed up as the hound grew closer. She thought for a moment trying to remember what her dad had taught her. She could not overpower this creature with force. Her powers were still being limited.