ISSUE #18

METROPOLIS6:00 PM  LOCAL TIME

METROPOLIS
6:00 PM LOCAL TIME

Emil Hamilton sat in his favorite loveseat. Superman had told him he would be away on some mission for the Justice League and Superboy, the man believed was more than capable. He couldn't remember the last time he sat down and enjoyed his free time.

He had eaten dinner earlier (by himself) and watched the news. He flipped open Gone with the Wind for the second time in thirty-two years. He flipped through to find the last place he stopped.

The doorbell rang.

The man rubbed his eyes checked his clock. Six pm. Not late into the night but he had not expected visitors.

The doorbell kept ringing out over and over.

"Gah!" He threw his book down on the coffee table and walked towards his front door.

He tightened his robe and opened the door with great vigor.

Before him were two teenagers and Superboy. He was sweating and he looked as if he was shivering.

The girl, who was tall, muscular and in a purple dress asked; "Hamilton?"

"My God... come inside."

The two of them came inside quickly.

"Where should I-"

"Put him on the couch."

The girl was struggling clearly but she said nothing as she placed him as gently as possible on Dr. Hamilton's couch.

"What happened?" The doctor asked already checking Superboy's pulse.

"He was helping a jumper, then he got stabbed with some needle then the next thing we saw he was falling from the sky," Robin explained.

Nightstar brushed some hair from Superboy's sweaty forehead.

"He was heavy too..." Nightstar said to Hamilton.

"Bring him here," Hamilton said looking at Nightstar.

Nightstar stretched before picking up Superboy bridal style.

"Did you get a sample of what he got injected with?"

Both Nightstar and Robin were quiet.

Nightstar and Robin were lead to a door. Dr. Hamilton opened the door and lights were turned on.

A lab was in the man's garage, set up along the walls were monitors, IVs, and computers. Nightstar put Superboy as gently as she could on a table in the center of the room.