ISSUE #63

KEYSTONE CITY 2:45 PM LOCAL TIME

KEYSTONE CITY
2:45 PM LOCAL TIME

Irey West's superhero name, KID FLASH, is struggling at a high school in Keystone City, Kansas.

She had fought literal supervillains, but at the current moment, not being able to open her locker was the worst thing to ever happen to her.

Irey had tried her locker combination several times to no avail. She pulled on the lock angrily with a groan; she finally let go. She slapped her locker pitifully.

"Yoooo, you ready to go home?" Her twin brother asked behind her.

Jai West's superhero name, SURGE, was her polar opposite. He had dark black hair, unlike her bright orange hair. Despite them both being half Korean, she didn't really look it. She looked more like their father than Jai did. You would never have guessed that they were siblings, let alone twins. Their looks weren't the only thing that was different.

She didn't turn to look at him.

"I can't get my locker open..." Irey hit her head against her locker.

Her brother laughed and gestured for her to move. She did and watched him; he vibrated his hand and moved through the locker.

Irey's eyes widened. She moved close to him and covered him. She looked around nervously, chewing at her bottom lip.

Her locker popped open. Her brother gave her a triumphant smile, and she rolled her eyes.

"Dad said we're not supposed to use our powers outside of costume."

This was not the first time she had told him this. He shrugged.

"You're welcome," He said.

He slid to the right, their lockers were always next to one another. He didn't even use a lock; he just hit the locker hard, and it opened.

"Oh, Dad texted me, I gotta pick up some milk," Jai said, taking his skateboard out of his locker.

"Oh, could you pick up some Saeukkang? We're out." Irey asked.

Jai rolled his dark eyes but nodded. Irey opened her mouth to speak, but a squeal caused her to jump. Jai's girlfriend, a girl by the name of Natalie Plath, jumped on Jai's back and kissed his face.

Irey made a face but said nothing. Natalie wore black clothes and tall, clunky-looking shoes, but her personality was the exact opposite. She was bubbly to the point that it honestly got on the other twins' nerves. Jai dated a lot, much to his sister's annoyance.