A Judged Prince , A Provoked Queen

Mandavi-Bharat, Shatrughna-Shrutkirti started their journey for Ayodhya.
"Mandavi I don't know why I am getting restless, I am feeling like something bad is going to happen.
"Please don't worry there is nothing like that " . said Mandavi calming Bharat's erotic mind.
"Just stay positive ". said Mandavi.

■■■■■■■■■■

When they entered the city they saw people shutting the doors of their houses after seeing them. It was very overwhelming for them . They found people glaring them . No one was smiling. This surprised them to the core.
When they reached palace gates they found nobody was there to welcome them . Entire palace was filled with gloominess ,sadness, despair and pain .There they saw Manthara approaching them with a heavily smile on her face ,such kind of smile was rare to be found on her face . She came to them and said
" Bharat my son come with me your mother has asked you to come to her chamber. ".
"But first I have to go to father " said Bharat .
"No son, first you go to your mother ,its urgent ,daughter in law you also come with him" said Manthara .
" Shatrughna you also go to your mother's chamber along with daughter in law Shrutkirti " said Manthara .
••••••••••••

All this threatened Bharat and Mandavi to the core . They found all the events too awkward. Bharat held Mandavi 's hand tightly just with the thought that no matter what they are together ,fighting and shielding each other from all the hurdles of the life .

■■■■■■

When they entered the chamber of Queen Kaikeyi the sight before them broke their hearts into pieces pearcing them like throns put on their paths . They couldn't able to believe what they saw. There they saw Queen Kaikeyi standing dreesed in white with aarti plate in her hands , smiling gleamingly as she saw her son and daughter in law entering the chamber.

Bharat saw his mother dreesed in white with zero jewellry and no sindur , no nose ring , no heena ,no chudami on her head . No object of a married women could be found by looking her. It early meant that..... He still couldn't believe his eyes he thought that it is a bad dream and once he will open his eyes it will vanish.

But his thought was broken when he saw Mandavi 's face full of shock and despair . Tears were visible in her eyes.

"Ooh mother how it happened, it's not possible " said Bharat emotionally making way for tears to flow from his eyes.

Mandavi went towards Bharat to console her she knew she cannot broke, if she breaks then who will support Bharat . She have to be strong.

"Bharat now you are the king of Ayodhya and Mandavi you are the queen of Ayodhya. I have asked for my two boons from your father.
First one stated to made you as the king of Ayodhya.
Second one was to send Ram to the forest for an exile of 14 years and you know what Lakshman and Sita followed them now all the hindrances of your path are gone . Now you can rule Ayodhya with peace .
And in the grief of Ram's exile your father died . "

Bharat stumbled on the foor listening to this . Such a great tragedy happened in Ayodhya and he was unknown to all this . Morever his mother is scriptor of this tragedy . World froze for him . He was not able to digest whatever his mother said . Uncountable tears made way from his eyes. He was crying like he'll.

After some time Queen Kaikeyi said

" Bharat don't mourn over your father's death accept the throne as stated in the boon you take your responsibility as the king of Ayodhya. "

" I am extremely thankful to Manthara for suggesting me to grant this boon if it was not been her Ram would have become the king and Queen Kaushalya would have been ruling as Queen Mother destroying our lives."

Now it stricked Mandavi it was Manthara who was behind all this . She was the reason behind the entire tragedy that has happened in Ayodhya. She very well the first day she met her.He six sense has said to her mind to be away from this hunched back old lady .Many times Manthara has tried to provoke Mandavi against her sisters and the other two mothers . But Mandavi has strongly saved herself from falling in the wicked trap of Manthara. Bharat had even told her to avoid listening to whatever Manthara says . This was the reason thankfully she never got provoked by Manthara. She always shielded herself from Manthara.

Mandavi 's thoughts were by listening to Bharat 's yell on Queen Kaikeyi. Before sometime Queen Kaikeyi was smiling like one of the most happiest person of the earth but now she is crying like the most saddest person of the earth.

"Congratulations Queen Kaikeyi you yourself have successfully managed to destroy your clan and family." yelled Bharat on the top of his voice.

Kaikeyi cried more and more listening to this .

" Bharat I have all this just for you".said Kaikeyi crying ..

"No you have not done anything for me you have destroyed me its because of you brother Ram ,Lakshman and sister Sita are leading a throny life in forest, you are the reason for my father's death you are the reason behind the grief of Mother Kaushalya and Mother Sumitra. You have made us fatherless sons."

"NO BHARAT ".said Kaikeyi sobbing badly .
" From now I Bharat son of King Dashrath, brother of Brother Ram renounced you as my mother from now you are not my mother neither I am your son. From now you are only a queen all our relations dead from now."

Kaikeyi stumbled on the foor listening Bharat 's words endless tears coming from her eyes, she was cursing herself for listening to Manthara's words ,today she have herself destroyed her all the relationships .She is the reason behind the destruction of such a beautiful family. She was feeling like a burden has overcome her heart and she can never overcome this burden .

Bharat leave angrily from the chamber.

Mandavi came near her and kept her hand on her back and said
" Mother "
"Mandavi, see what crime I have done its because of my fault my husband died ,my son renounced me ,my sons and daughter in law are leading a tuf life in forest .I am the reason for your separation from your sister , I am the reason of your husband 's grief. I am the reason for your sister 's separation from
her husband. I am not even worthy to ask forgiveness ". saying this Kaikeyi started crying like he'll.

Mandavi had never seen her mother in law in this state .She just gave her mother in law a tight hug .She never knew that Kaikeyi would fell in this trap she believed that Kaikeyi will always shielded herself from the cunning traps of Manthara . She was sad that today she got failed about her belief on Kaikeyi.

" Mother please stop crying these wounds will need some time to be filled you just wait." she said politely hugging her.

Saying so she leave Kaikeyi 's chamber and left she knew that now her responsibility has increased she had to become Bharat 's support and will be there to console her mother in law. She need to be there to give shoulder to her sisters.
■■■■

Note

When we thought about Ramayan the only thought came to us is about Lord Ram , Sita ,Lakshman and many more . When we thought about sisters only the thought of Sita and Urmila came to our mind and Mandavi and Shrutkirti always remain an underrated characters in the epic .

So this is my small attempt to portray Ramayan through a different point of view. An attempt to tell a forgotten love story.
For me Mandavi is one the strongest lady of that time but she always remained behind the curtain. The love she had for her sisters was also forgotten so I have made a small attempt to write about some of the forgotten heros and heroines of Ramayan.