Chapter 17

I had felt alone before, but not like this.  I could usually turn to Kyler when I needed it, and he made sure of that.  But now he was with Nick.  They were in his room, having all their fun, and here I was, sobbing on the floor of the triplets bathroom. 

I really thought that tonight I would be crying over the lion king.  Not 2 triplet brothers.  

My emotional state lasted for about 3 minutes, until there was a dull knock at the door.  I rather would have not answered it so I ignored, but it didn't diminish.  Just continued until I answered it. 

I reached for the door handle, opened it, and was greeted by a sympathetic Chris.

Chris' pov

I never meant to hurt her.  I would never, ever want that.  I like her far too much.  But I saw the way she keeps looking at Matt.  It's definitely not nothing.  I just want her to look at me like that.  I can't keep sharing all of these moments I think are real with her and then see her practically drool over my own brother. 

After everything that went down, I made the (i hope) correct decision to go check on her as I figured she's feeling as alone as I am right now.  I have to make things right.  

I knocked on the door a few times until she opened it.  But she looked different from normal, obviously after crying.  Her hair was dishevelled and her makeup was everywhere on her face, it looked almost like spiders were all over her.  Thank goodness I wasn't afraid of the nasty creatures. 

-- (what skye looked like)

Suddenly, she looked slightly embarrassed.  I reassured her 'You still look pretty even with your makeup like... that.'  To which she smiled slightly, but then burst back into tears, said nothing and just jumped at me for a hug.  I was slightly taken back at first, I did not expect that to be her reaction, but I reciprocated the second I had comprehended that she was in my arms once again.  

Hugging her felt perfect, for a moment at least.  Seeing her looking like this, this upset, made a rush of woefulness bolt through my body.  She cried into my shoulder for about 2 minutes, whilst I patted her delicate shoulder.  I felt the outline of her shoulder blade.  She was so delicate and perfect

This was happening until she had calmed down, pulled away and spoke up.  Looking down at my shoulder where she had been crying, I noticed a large dark stain, from her destroyed makeup.  I didn't mind though, because it was hers.   'Why would you do that?' 'Do-' 'Chris, you know what I mean.' She paused. 'Hit him.'

I didn't know.  I really didn't.  I felt the tears swarm up my eyes.  I let the emotions take a hold of me.  

Matt is my brother.  Why would I even do that?  This is so messed up.  

'I don't know- it- I- I- just got angry and then he put his arm around you, and-'  

'It's okay'  She soothed and hugged me once again.  The second I felt her warm embrace I began to lull down.  A consciousness smacked, hard, of what was going on with me.  

Skye was my succour.  

Succeeding some settlement, and feeling better after a little while, I felt it was the ideal time to do something that I had wanted to for a long time.  Ever since I met her in fact.  Now everything was better, or getting there, I just had to.  

I beckoned her back into the room with me and whipped an imposing guitar out from my pocket.  Seating myself on one end of the couch, I ushered for her to sit down next to me. 

And I played.  

note: next chapter is going to be so fun