[late] (Chris)tmas special part 2

*3 months prior*

'Why can't we invite him?' I whine, putting down the lace invites I'm writing to look at Matt. 'He sounded so happy when Nick told him about the wedding the last time he rang.'

'Skye, my lil' root beer*,' Matt said, holding my hands from across the table, 'The last time we spoke to Chris was 3 months ago. He hasn't bothered to call or text since then, he didn't call to ask if you were okay when you had the flu, or when I twisted my ankle falling down the stairs. He doesn't care anymore, so we're not inviting him. Nick put us in control of the invites, so we want to make sure his day is perfect, and having Chris there could ruin the vibe with all his silent brooding.'

I huff aggressively, letting go of one of Matt's hands to carefully but cutely write the name of who the invite is going to and why Nick wanted to invite them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty [Nicki Minaj], you are cordially invited to the wedding of Mr. Nicolas Antonio Sturniolo and Mr. Kyler Tyler Teller.

Dear Nicki, we wanted to invite you because the song we had our first kiss to was 'starships'. it was a beautiful moment, and now we want to share our beautiful moment with you.

Love, Nick and Kyler xoxo

(this was the one that i thought was the cutest of the cute)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

*One hour later*

'But why can't we-' I say to Matt one more time from across the table. His reply is abrupt.

'Enough Skye.'

I sit contemplating my next chirp for a moment. Finally I think of something, making my voice sound just a touch louder in the hopes that Nick will hear and come into the room to support my strong opinion.

'You're not letting me speak!' I say, 'If we just send an invite to be nice, then he might-'

'ENOUGH SKYE. DON'T YOU GET IT?! HE DOES. NOT. CARE. YOU MIGHT THINK YOU KNOW HIM BECAUSE HE WAS ALL SUPER IN LOVE WITH YOU OR SOMETHING BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE'S LIKE BEHIND THE MASK HE PUT ON IN FRONT OF YOU. HE IS AN IGNORANT, SELFISH, UNLOVING LITTLE ****** WHO DOES WHATEVER HE WANTS WITH NO REGARDS TO WHAT AFFECTS IT MIGHT HAVE ON OTHERS. MY BROTHER IS NOT COMING AND THAT'S FINAL. SO PLEASE, JUST SHUT UP!!!!'

I sniffed quietly, feeling tears welling up inside me and then spilling down my cheeks and onto my shirt. After 10 minutes, it was like I was sitting in a puddle. I tried to hold it in, but it was no use. It wouldn't stop.

I can see through the blur in my eyes that on Matts' face that he regrets everything he says, and he says that out loud to me too, but I can't hear anything over the roar in my ears -(katy perry style)- that my howling is creating. He tries to walk over to me to apologise and comfort me, but amongst the sadness and misery that was swallowing me from the inside outwards, a sudden flash of rage emerged from the depths. I turn, and with all the power I have I smack Matt so hard in the face that he goes twisting backwards onto the floor in pain, clutching his face with his hands.

'Don't ever shout at me like that again. You know how I feel about shouting, and yet you still did it. It was ignorant. Maybe you're more similar to you're brother than you thought.' I scoff in a quiet voice tinged with anger. I had to assert dominance somehow or I was afraid he would say those awful things to me again.