Chapter Five

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
Chapter Five:
Parseltongue
September 17, 1989
╚═-════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

'Italics'- writing in the diary.
"Normal speech"
"~Italics~" Parseltongue
Italics- thoughts

Morgana was outside it was her turn to tend to the flower garden, the children were each assigned a day and it was her day. Her day had been going pretty well, she had yet to be bothered by any of the other kids which in Morgana's eyes was a good day.

The Potter girl had just about finished in the garden when it happened she saw a black garden snake slither by her, any of the other children would have been frightened but not Morgana she smiled at the little creature, the 9-year-old had always loved snakes "hello there little snake."

The snake stopped and looked at the human "~It hasss been a really long time sssince I've met a ssspeaker.~"

Morgana's eyes widened when she heard the snake speak "~you can understand me? I can talk to snakes?~"

"~Yesss you can young ssspeaker... it hasss been a pleasssure meeting sssomeone that could underssstand me.~"

"~ okay bye little snake, thank you for helping me find out that I could talk to snakes.~" The snake slithered on its way after their little conversation and Morgana was left to finish her chore, which she did and as soon as she was done she almost ran back to her room to grab her diary, it was still relatively early and that was her last chore of the day.

Once she had her diary and a pen she made her way back outside and sat underneath a tree opening the diary.

'Hey, Tom... you'll never guess what just happened to me.' The writing faded as Tom read it and then wrote a reply back.

"what happened Morgan?' He would admit it but over the course of the few months since the Potter girl found the diary he had begun to care for her but not in a romantic way that would be weird he may be 16 but she was still a child it was more platonic maybe like a little sister which was ironic because neither of them knew that his older self was her father.

'Okay so as I mentioned this morning it's my day to work in the flower garden and as I was finishing up the cute little black snake just slithered by me so I said hi to it, not expecting anything to happen but it stopped and looked at me and well it understood what I said... I can talk to snakes Tom, snakes... how cool is that?'

The Teenager had read what she had written and thought hmm maybe she's a witch I mean I've never known a muggle to be a Parselmouth 'You're a parselmouth... interesting.'

She blinked in confusion not recognizing the term but shrugged 'is that why I can talk to snakes then?'

'Yes being a parselmouth, means you can speak parseltongue, which is the language of snakes, I'm one as well... it's rather a rare ability to have especially in Britain...'

'Really? Does that mean that they're right about me not being normal? They whisper but don't quite realize that it's not really a whisper or maybe they just don't care, if I can hear them, Madam Corvin says it's because my eyes are an unnatural color of green a shade she's never seen before.'

'I think you might be a witch Morgan, you're newfound ability isn't something I've seen or heard of happening in muggles (people with no magical abilities), and sometimes being different doesn't make you weird, I was in your place once, I was quiet, kept to myself tried to stay out of people's ways but in their eyes along with the unexplainable things that happened around me, I was weird and too quiet so they picked on me, called me names and pushed me around. One way to get them to leave you alone is to make them fear you, worked for me. How would you describe the color of your eyes?'