Chapter Two

As the Governor walks away a voice calls out from behind the couple "She's a smart lady, that one." Steve and Lila turn around and the man looks at Steve "Steve McGarrett right?"

Steve nods at him "I know you"

The man walks towards them "you'd better Chin Ho Kelly"

Steve grins at him "Oh. Chin Ho Kelly. Kakuhu High School, you were a great quarterback" Chin smiles back "that's very kind of you to say, considering you were the one that broke all my records."

"That was a long time ago"

Chin looks at Lila "but you, I don't know" she smiles at him "Delila Williams"

He nods at her "nice to meet you"

Lila smiles again "likewise" as the three of them walk down the little boardwalk type thing.

Steve looks at him "I heard you became a cop"

"I was, I worked with your dad in the 7th. He taught me everything I know about wearing a badge."

"looks like you moved on to greener pastures"

"Well let's just say the Honolulu PD and I had a disagreement over my job description. But your father understood he was very good to me after I was let go, he stayed my friend and I know that cost him something. I only wish there was some way I could pay him back. But now that you're here maybe you could do something"

Steve looks at him "what do you mean?"

Lila stays quiet opting to keep her mouth shut because this has nothing to do with her. Chin looks at Steve "I hear, the chief of police put a haole on your father's murder investigation, word is he's fresh meat from the mainland, which means he has no clue how this island works"

Steve nods. As we get ready to leave Chin smiles at Lila again "again it was nice meeting you"

She gives him a smile back "you too"

Steve and Lila walk away from him she looks ook over at her boyfriend as he hails them a cab "you know I think you should have agreed to the Governor's task force but if you feel we can handle this more efficiently on our own then we will"

He smiles down at her with a chuckle "well we will see how this turns out"

"are we headed to the house?"

he nods "yeah we are" Steve gives the cab driver the address and a few minutes later he comes to a stop Steve pays him and the two sneak into the crime scene.

After a bit, Steve walks into the garage while Lila stays in the main part of the house just looking for clues to help Steve out.

Lila hears a commotion in the garage, so she draws her gun out and slips into the garage to see Steve and another guy pointing their guns at each other... she can't tell who the other guy is yet because his back is to her.

She comes up with her gun trained on blondie "how about you drop your gun because it's two to one... you shoot him and I'll shoot you"

Steve nods towards his girlfriend "it's okay Lila... how about we all put away our guns?"

The boys holster their weapons first then Lila holsters hers last.

Steve looks at the blonde man whose face Lila still hasn't seen yet as blondie finally speaks "look uh, I'm really sorry about your father, but you can't be here right now.. this is an active crime scene."

Lila smirk thinking 'I would recognize that voice anywhere, it could only belong to my brother Daniel, but if he doesn't recognize me I won't say a word until it clicks with him who I am. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't recognize my face because it's been years since I've actually seen him but we have talked but we just haven't seen each other.'