Chapter Twelve

Steve sighs and looks at Danny "Okay."

Danny sighed as well "Okay."

Steve locks eyes with Lila for a moment in the rearview mirror and she smiles at him then he looks back at Danny "Just for the record I wasn't gonna kill him."

"Well that is good."

Lila smirks "Now that we are all friends again and we are now at Roland's place let's focus on finding out what these guys want with him" Steve gets out of the car and lets the seat up so Lila can get out and the three of them get let into the gate by the police that was waiting for them.

They walk through the gate and Danny gets handed the keys to the front door while Steve and Lila are walking behind him and Danny looks around "Got security cameras, double deadbolts, two separate entrances. Where's the automatic gun turrets?"

Lila smirks at him "Don't jinx us Danno."

The three of them are walking up to the house Evan was right, Roland does take his personal security seriously."

Danny unlocks the door "Yeah, well, it's living proof, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

Steve walks into the house first "Okay we're looking for files, notebooks his computer."

Danny walks into the house after Steve "Oh, thank you Inspector Obvious."

Lila walks in behind Danny "Danno It's Captain Obvious."

The three of them split up checking different parts of the house Danny got the back and Steve and Lila split the front.

Lila walks past a bookcase and she hears a beeping coming from behind it "Steve, Danno... I think I got something," they both go over to where she is and Lila looks at them "There's something behind that bookcase, I heard beeping."

Danny looks at the wall and nods "that wall is uneven... there should be another room here."

Lila smirks "See something behind the bookcase."

Steve knocks on the back wall of the shelf "It's hollow," then he pulls open a secret door and they both hear the beeping Lila heard just a few minutes earlier. There are a lot of machines in there.

Steve looks at Danny and Lila. "Wow."

The three of them step into the room.

"This is slightly above my level of expertise."

Lila lets out a little whistle "wow this is incredible."

Steve picks up a keyboard and presses the space bar waking the system up "Good. you just put a blip in the matrix."

Lila smirks at her brother "don't be so dramatic Danno."

Steve looks at the two of them "We need to find someone who can make sense of this."

Danny looks at Steve "Come on you were Navel intelligence. None of this look familiar to you?"

Steve shakes his head "No, I look I've seen super-grade level cryptography before but this isn't it, this is something else, This is off the grid hacker world."

Lila smirks at her boyfriend stepping forward "Sweetie... out of my way... This is some kind of code, I can crack it but not by myself, or well I could crack it by myself but we don't have the time it would take me the crack it by myself."

They both look at her questioningly and she rolls her eyes looking at Steve "You remember the undercover mission I went on for Navy Intel, I was tracking down highly sensitive information that was being bid off and I had to go into the off the grid hacker world for five months to get to the intel back safely."

Steve nods at her "Yes, Lila I remember that I just didn't know the details of the operation."

Danny looks at his sister for a moment "Okay Hacker? I might know a guy that can help you Lila"

She nods at her brother "okay get him... This code is very complex and like I said we don't have the time I would need to crack it myself."

Steve looks at his girlfriend "Alight Danny and I will be back with his guy in a little while, get started and see how far you can get until we get back with your help."

She nods at him "Got it, I will see you both soon," and they leave and Lila gets started on the decrypting the code.

The boys were gone for about an hour and Like hadn't even got enough of the code decrypted for it to even make sense or to tell what it's for. Lila spins her chair around looking at Steve, Danny, and Toast "This is more complex than I thought I've been at this for an hour and haven't even cracked enough of it for it to make sense."

Danny nods at his sister "Lila this is Toast, and Toast this is my sister Delila, you're gonna be helping her,"

He takes the seat beside Lila "Wow your kidnapped dude has a sweet set up."

Lila smirks at the man "right it's incredible." They split the code up and both take a part of it and get to work on the decryption and after like 30 minutes with both of them working on it, they finally got somewhere "oh my god."

"No way. This is unreal. Like unicorn style. I mean I've heard rumors about this guy online, but I thought it was all just urban legend."

Lila looks at the screen wide-eyed "Oh my god, I've heard the rumors too... I like to keep tabs on my hacker contacts in case I were to need one of them for whatever reason but he actually did it."

Toast looks at her "he really did it."

Lila nods with an impressed look on her face "yeah he did, oh my god this is incredible."

Steve and Danny look between the two and said "What?"

And "What did he do?" at the same time.

Toast and Lila spin around looking at them Toast speaks first "Okay, he built a skeleton key."

Danny gives them a look "and what is that?"

Lila smirks at him "It's basically a worm that bypasses asymmetric encryption on high-grade security networks."

She lets Toast finish "Also it allows remote access to infrastructure systems."

Danny looks at them again "great you want to dumb it down for my friend here?"

Lila grinned knowing that he really means for the both of them, Lila sits back and lets Toast do the explaining "Just look," and he starts typing on the keyboard.

Steve is looking at the screen "wait, that's a rendering of the power grid of the entire island of Oahu and the radar array for Honolulu International Airport."

Danny looks at them "What did Roland do?"

Lila shakes her head at him "Not a clue."

"I don't know, but you are talking about places with heavy grade asymmetric encryption, and your boy here hacked them."

***
We are getting closer and I am super excited but anyway hope you guys enjoy.