| SIXTEEN

RUAT CAELUM FIAT PACTUM

. . .

It was a beautiful and peaceful dawn in the land of Liyue. Lovely tunes of the bird's light chirping blessed the ears, singing mindlessly before waking the nation's citizens in a blissful design. Light from the waking sun veiled the city in an illuminating shade of navy, as well as a few specks of yellow are scattered. 

It was Ash's fourth day in the country. The trip was rescheduled because of some unsuspected trouble out on the mountains. The group was to set forth today, finally on track with their goal.

The three young adults were up and ready long before the sun's rays could bless the golden city with its morning delight, and were now making their move towards the base of operations at the foot of Mount Hulao. Up at the rooftop of the Quan's home was a helipad and an accompanying helicopter. It would be their transportation for the day.

'thud'

Ash wiped his brows after unceremoniously dropping his heavy baggage down on the floor, stirring Pikachu — who was sleeping soundly on a nearby sunbed — from his sleep and giving off an unseen threat to his trainer. He moved to stretch his body. "Hah, Liyue's mountains I'll finally get to see you in person!"

The redhead next to him smacked his head before reprimanding the male. "Stop loitering around and place your things properly."

Ash gave her a plain stare, looked at her own belongings, and returned his gaze back to her. "Says you."

"Psh." The girl annoyingly punched him on his shoulder. "At least I'm more organized than you."

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say." The male continued his stretching before a lively voice greeted from behind.

"Morning!!" Hutao greeted the duo. She wore a thin brown sweater with the word 'nature' sewn with a red thread on its front left, worn underneath a much thicker dark-brown jacket, black hiking boots with white socks, and she also had on scout shorts. Hutao had her pin around her right wrist like a bracelet. Papilio Charontis, The Butterfly of Charon. "You guys look chipper, excited for today?"

Ash had on a replica of his iconic blue jeans, a simple black tee, and a collared blue and white jersey that has a strip design by the cuffs. Black hiking boots, socks, his keystone necklace, his precious pin above his heart, and his Z-ring on his wrist. Ophelia wore a black overall with a white tee, black military boots with black socks. Her keystone dangled from its chain and her constellation wrapped snugly around her wrist, hair chosen to be free to sway with the breeze.

"Of course! I've been dying to see Liyue's famous mountains up close since I've first heard about them from Venti." Ash's entire being lit up. "I nearly couldn't sleep properly last night just thinking about climbing up to the top and meeting different kinds of Pokémon on the way."

"That's the spirit! And the mountains undoubtedly have a great abundance of Pokémon. Plus, it's a great destination for training ones self along with their companions as it gives people a sense of peace making it easier to connect with your Pokémon. You'll love it there for sure." The Liyuen exclaimed. "Just... try not to fall off, hehe.."