Chapter 1

"Insia!! You've got to be kidding me.
You're still sleeping. I told you not to stay up late." screamed Ameena as she barged through Insia's room.

Insia, who was sleeping with her glasses on, woke up suddenly and hit her head on the open cabbinet over her bed.

"Yaar Ameena! you know, I had to work late to complete this piece."

"Haan haan, I know. Ab please uth jao, for god sake. Aj Zakariya baji ki engagement h."

Insia got up. got cleaned and ran down the stairs.
"Tai maa, I'm so sorry. I couldn't join you for breakfast." she said to her Tai maa.

"It's okay, beta. I know, you were working late last night." she replied lovingly touching her chin.

Insia lost both her parents at a young age. One to ambition and one to an accident. Her Tai and Taya have raised her, loved her like their own.
Insia lived in a huge ancestrial mansion with her paternal family.
Her grandma, taya , tai , chacha, chachi and her cousins.

"There's my favourite beggar." announced Haris, her taya tai's yougest child who was an year younger than her.

"Shut up, Haris." replied Ameena and Insia and in harmony.
Ameena and Haris were siblings and were His younger siblings.

Ameena was the same age as Insia and and her best friend.

Both girls went to their grandma's room to greet her.
She sat them down and lovingly looked at them.

" Mere Shehroze ki piyari beti." she said while looking at Insia.
"Aur me, dadi?" asked Ameena teasingly.
" Haan Haan tum bhi meri bahut piyari beti ho." she said to Ameena.
As Ameena got up to bring her tea, Dadi adressesd Insia, " Wali se baat hui?"
Insia could see the helplessness in her question yet the hope that illuminated her eyes and knowing she could'nt break her heart, she replied with a slight nod.
Truth be told, even being married to Wali for the past 5 years, she has not once talked to him on the phone since the day he left for America for his studies.
Thats right, when Insia was 17 and Wali was 19, their parents got them married against Wali's will when Insia lost her father in an accident.
Wali didn't waste a moment before going to America.
Insia knows how revolting their relationship sounded to him for him to spend 5 years of his life away from his parents just so he wouldn't have to see her.

Everytime Insia would think about this, she would constantly repeat in her head, Well, the feeling's alike. I don't like you either. I hope you never come back.

"Did he say anything about coming back?" Dadi asked.
"No" she replied in a soft tone.
"Don't worry dadi. He'll come back soon ." she assured her grandma secretly hoping he wouldn't.

After greeting her grandma, Insia ran back to her room to continue on her painting but found Hania in her room fidgeting with her supplies.

"What are you doing here?" Insia asked in a harsh tone.
"Hm, you dont own this place, you know. " Hani replied in her taunting shrill voice which she would make even shriller everytime she would talk to Wali on the phone infront of her to make her jealous. Little did she know......

"For your kind information, ye mera room h. To yes, I do own this."
Hania was her Chacha's daughter who was the same age as her. She had a dislike for Insia ever since she came to this house. She thinks that Insia stole her Wali. Insia never talked to this petty girl but she always had something to say.

Hania was the worst of her three siblings. Hania's older twin siblings Zakariya and Hashim were good to her but Hania and her mother never liked her one bit.

"Get out." Insia said.
"I will, but just know that one day you are gonna have to walk out of this house forever. And I only came here because mom said to call you to help with lunch." she replied and walked past her.

Insia got back to the kitchen. There were multiple servants in the mansion but her chachi always found some way to make her feel like one of the servants.
She didn't mind though.

"Poora din bus ik jaga bethe bethe
rotiyan torte hue tumhe bahut maza aata g kia?" her chachi looked at her tauntingly.
"Sorry chachi." she simply replied She could have said more but she knew she shouldn't so she tried to avoid any kind of conversation with her by saying okay chachi, sorry chachi.

"Insia!!? what are you doing here. Tum ne tayyar hone parlour nhe jana? sab jaa rhe hn. Haris wait kr rha h. chor k chala jaye ga hame. Get your dress, we have to go."
"Ameena, tum jao. I'll get ready by myslef."
"Han and phir look like a bandar? No, never. get in the car."
"Koi tutorial dekh loongi." Insia replied.
"Phir to pakka baboon lgo gi" Ameena laughed at her.
"Bahut kameeni ho. Acha chlo." Insia replied while laughing.

The both girls got into the car and got to the parlour.
" Tyaar ho kr bhi fakeernian hi lgo gi to kia faida." said Haris.
" haan dekhen ge tum konse shehzaade lgo ge. Aya bara." said Ameena while getting off the car.
As both walked inside Zakariya and Hania were already there.

" What is she doing here?" asked Hania adressing Insia as if she just sinned by coming to a parlour.

"The same reason,you're here." replied Insia matching her sarcasm.
"Jao yaar kaam kro apna." Ameena said to Hania annoyed with her attitude.

The both girls got ready and looked abdolutely stunning in their dresses.
The girl got ready with their makeup and nails.

Insia skipped getting her nails done as she had to pray and got a minimum makeup done which accentuated her already stunning features. Insia was a medium heighted girl with stunning light brown eyes with a hint of green, eyes she got from her Kashmiri mother and full plump lips and a round nose that she always thought to be her least pretty feature but everyone always complemented her nose.
She had black kohl in her eyes and a light sunkissed blush, peachy lips and and her long hair in a sleek hairstyle
Her peach frock that she bought because of Ameena's constant nagging actually suited her body.

She had black kohl in her eyes and a light sunkissed blush, peachy lips and and her long hair in a sleek hairstyleHer peach frock that she bought because of Ameena's constant nagging actually suited her body

The girls got back home to see the mansion decorated in marigolds and roses.
All the men of the family were busy getting the arrangements done.
The females were sitting in the big room where a dholki function was going on.

Meri bacchi kitni piyari lg rhi h." Tai amma said to her with tears in her eyes.
"I wish Wali was here to see you."
Insia just awkwardly smiled.
"Bas, mujhe na sab bhool jaya kren. Ok?" said Ameena teasingly.

Everyone laughed except maheen chachi who looked furious as even she knew Insia looked the most beautiful when dressed up.

The dholki function continued. Every on sang and danced. Hania seemed genuinely happy.
All the girls sang traditional songs and clapped their hands.
Everybody was waiting for the groom's family to arrive.

A bunch of sound emanated from outside. Everyone thought the groom had came. All the girls and ladies got up.
Tai amma and chachi hurriedly got all the girls to stand at the door to welcome the groom and his family.
Ameena and Insia were also standing by the side of the door with flower plates. Instead of the groom, Ali their phupho's 9 year old son ran in and screamed, " WALI BHAI VAPIS AGYE HN."