Chapter 8

She was surprised to say the least.
Because what she heard was one thing she thought, she would never hear.

She just heard her elders talking about her Rukhsati with Wali.

"Mne Wali se baat ki thi. Usse to koi masla nhe hai. Bas Insia se baat krna rehgya hai. Vese bhi iss kaam me ham ne bahut der kardi ab ziada intezaar nhe krna chahye. Zakariya ki shadi k foran baad kr deni chahye."

Insia couldn't stand there anymore listening to the one thing she hoped she would never have yo hear.

She turned back in her anger and fraustration.

How could he. How dare he. After abandoning me for 6 years....

She passed the main room on her way back to her room without noticing Ameena, Hania and Wali coming inside.

"Ohh, Insia."
Insia was too absorbed in her own fury to hear her.
She just stopped momentarily, smiled awkwardly at Ameena and walked back to her room.

" Isse kia hua." Hania said as she walked back to her room.

Ameena knew her best friend enough to know something happened.
Wali on the other hand was just as surprised as Hania was.

Ameena walked in on her best friwnd crying in her window

" Insia!! kia hua?" she asked as she quickly walked to her side.
" Kuch nhe." Insia hurriedly wiped her tears.
" Jhoot mat bolo. I know you. Tell me right now, who made you vry. Was it chachi again?"
" Nhe nhe kuch nhe hua."
"Insiaa... "
" Ameena. Sab meri Wali se rukhsati karana chate hain."
"To meri jaan iss me bura kia hai."
" Tum sab jaanti to ho."
Besides herself, Ameena was the only soul who knew the strained relationship between Wali and Insia.

"Insia, I think time aagya hai for you to finally comfront him .Tell him how hurt you were because of his words. Maybe you guys can sort it out."

" I dont care, Ameena. No one can hurt me."
" You're a brave girl. Me jaanti hun but communication is the key."
" Ab ro mat. you can do it." she told Insia.

At noon, when Wali came back from his office, Insia asked him, " Can I talk to you?"
" Sure."
Both Insia and Wali went to the greenhouse.

"Taya abu ne koi baat ki hai?" she asked trying to keep her voice stern.
" Kesi baat?"  he asked.
"Ap ke aur mere baare mai baat?"
he knew where this conversation was gonna go so he just nodded.

" To kia kaha ap ne?" she asked slightly tilting her head trying to dominate him.

" Tum jaanti ho mne kia kaha varna itne gusse me na hoti."

" Jaante hue bhi ap ne haan krdi."

" Mne tumhe pehle bhi kaha tha aur phir keh rha hun ke me tumse door nhe rehna chahta. You and I are lawfully married."

" Panch saal purana Wali bhi yehi kahe ga kia?"

" Me bacha tha. Mene jo kaha uss par me bahut sharminda tha."

" Jhoot." she shook her head.

" Me sach janna chati hun. Akhir hamari rukhsati par ap kiun raazi hue. You know better than I do that none of us want this."

" Kiunke ami abu chahte hn and who told you, I dont want this."

Insia wasnt surprised at his answer but was hurt. She really hoped he would say something else.

" Ap ne. Bhool gye to yaad dilaoon."

"Jo kuch ap ne mujhe se kaha behtar hai uss pr ap khud bhi aml karen. Me ap ko iss bat ki ijaazat nhe doon gi kai ap ka jab dil chahyey mujhe
chor den aur jab dil chahey mujhe apnane ko aajayen .
Akhir hun kia mai."