Chapter 20 (The new beginning)

Wali could feel her hands slipping away, but there was no way Insia would let go of his hand, and the moment the lights flipped back on, there she was, her eyes slowly closing and her body slowly falling down before Wali held her by the waist.

His hands bloodied, his mind in a frenzy, what had just happened.....

Wali started trembling with anger and fear looking at Insia unconscious in his arms.

The man who shot her was nowhere to be seen. People rushed towards the groom, holding his limp wife in his arms.

Family members crying, screaming, Insia's dress drenched in blood that belonged to nobody but herself.

Ambulance was called but Wali was in a state where he didn't even utter a single word, his face paled up.

As Insia reached the hospital, Wali didn't leave her side for once.

His father tried to talk to him but he refused to talk, all he did was stand in the door of her room as the doctors pulled the bullet out of her.

The lack of words from Wali made his mother fear his well being......

Wali looked towards his hands, his hands covered in blood, shivering, he looked over to her from the window, a silent prayer on his lips.

"Ya Allah, rehm."

"Bhai." Ameena came to her crying.

" Bhai, sab theek ho jaye ga. Sia theek ho jaye gi. Ap abu ke saath police station jaaye. Unhen ap ki zaroorat hai."

Wali shook his head  without even looking over to her," Insia ko meri zaroorat hai."

Ameena sniffled weakly," Mein hun an, ammi bhi hn. Please bhai, jis ne ye kia hai, usse jald se jald dhoondna hoga."

Suddenly, the doctor came out, pulling off his gloves and mask, he said," Insia ab stabalized hai, but abhi usse hosh nhe aaya. Shukkar hai goli ne uss ke internal organs ko koi nuksaan nhe pohnchaya. Agr ap der kar dete to condition critical bhi ho sakti thi."

Everybody broke down, crying praying.
Zainab cried as Haris tried to calm her down.

"Ab sab theek hai, Ammi." he said to her.

Wali didnt spend a moment, he walked away, out of the hospital and into his car.
The moment he got into his car, he broke down, tears falling from his eyes.

Insia's words resonated through his head,
Allah apne piyaare bandon par hi aazmaish lata hai. Unhe parakhta hai. Kia vo sabr karen ge, aur uss se madad mangen ge. Ya shikwa karen ge.

But how come all the tests and trials for him.

He cried until his eyes reddned and his mind was empty.

Shes ok, his mind told her.

But his heart was still dismayed over the plays of fate.

Suddenly, his phone rang," Beta, Police ko kuch cctv footage mili hai, Uss me ik banda hai, police use le ayi hai, bas pooch taach rehti hai, tum jaldi se aajao." his chacha said.

All he replied was "jee" before a new fire was ablaze in him. The fire of vengence

He brought the engine to life drove towards the police station.

There, he was met with his father and chachu talking with the police officer.

"Assalamualikum Mir Sahab." the SP said as soon as Wali walked in.

Without saying anything, Wali walked inside.

" Kahan hai vo? "  he asked to no one in particular.

He wasn't the Wali everybody knew.
Even his father realized that just by the intensity of his words.
This Wali could kill someone if he was left loose.