Chapter 2

- HEESEUNG'S POV -

So, here's the thing about being an idol. It's exhausting. But you're not supposed to let it be known, especially by the public. Otherwise, you'll have a bunch of headlines talking about how you're either a snob or lazy. And right now, it's really hard to keep it in, especially when I barely had any sleep for the past month.

It's Enhypen's 5th anniversary today and the management decided to organize our major world tour as a celebration for this. Which means it's really special for all the members and at the same time, absolutely wearying.

It's not like the organizing team allotted enough time for the tour anyway. One month. That's all they spared for this world tour, and you can just imagine the amount of jet lag we all had from flying from one country to another country. They even hired a doctor that went with us all throughout the tour because a lot of the members suffered from fever and overfatigue.

Don't get me wrong though. We love performing in front of our fans. We dedicated a big amount of our life to this. This is our passion. But that doesn't mean we can't get tired. Because I am. We all are. Especially today, the last day of the tour, which is also the most jam packed schedule out of all our concerts. Meaning we had to squeeze in both the concert and fan meeting in one day.

But it's okay.

We'll have another whole month of rest and vacation we can enjoy after this anyway. And we're already done with the concert and all there's left is the fan meeting. My most favorite thing about being an idol. Interacting with the fans. Which reminds me of my usual routine of peering at the curtains to take a look at the fans outside who are waiting for the event to start.

YANG JUNGWON!
LEE HEESEUNG!
PARK JONGSEONG!
SHIM JAEYUN!
PARK SUNGHOON!
KIM SUNOO!
NI-KI!
EN-HY-PEN!!!

This is the exact reason why I love spending time with fans. They make every sleepless night, sore bodies, and intense practices worth it. Just hearing them cheer for us like this is more than enough to recharge me. Not to mention how each and one of them shower us with love, support, compliments and endless words of encouragement.

A lot of them tell us how thankful they are to meet us. How we inspire them to become better. How our simple existence helps them to keep moving forward. When in reality, it's the other way around. I don't think I can keep carrying on without them.

Our Engenes.

Though, of course, the other members have been a really big support system. But the inspiration Engenes give me is unmeasurable. That's why I pour my heart out in every performance we have. That's my way of thanking them.

"Everyone, get ready! We'll start in 5!" One of the staff instructs us before hurrying his way to the other side of the stage to tell the other staffs the same thing.

"I'm so excited." Jake expresses, bouncing slightly in place, as he peers through the curtain beside me. "There's a lot of them, oh gosh." He puts both his hands on his chest, dramatically breathing in and out, as he eyes the ocean of fans waiting outside.

"They're really warm in welcoming us." I replied. "I think they're the most hyped-up of all the countries we went to these past weeks."