Chapter 5

- HEESEUNG'S POV -

- HEESEUNG'S POV -

"Why is it just you two?" I asked instantly when I walked in our meeting room only to see Jay and Ni-Ki inside.

Both of them steered their attention from their individual activities to me. Jay was on the whiteboard writing something. Probably the important bullets to be discussed in the meeting later. While Ni-Ki's on the far side of the room, lazily slumped on a chair as he scrolls on his charging phone. 

"Oh, Heeseung's here!" Ni-Ki exclaims and puts his feet down the table.

"They just bought food." Jay provides for me. "They're probably on their way back here. And manager Jung just texted me, he'll be late."

I only nodded as I sat down on one of the chairs encircling the huge table in the middle of the room. If I knew that I didn't have to leave Gab's office early, I would have stayed longer with her and had more time to use my charm to convince her to go out with me. And maybe, it would have worked.

Ni-Ki jumps off of his chair to move on to the vacant one beside me. "How was it? What did you talk about?" He demands, referring to my make-that-girl-mine errand.

I heave out a long sigh. "It was interesting." I trail out.

"Gotta be good?" Jay asks unsurely, sliding his chair towards my direction. "Or not?" He raised a brow when he saw my downcast face.

"She mostly asked me to leave." I answer as I look at them pathetically.

Ni-Ki bursts out laughing as he taps my shoulders hilariously, making me roll my eyes at him. "I'd be surprised if she did otherwise. She really is something."

"Wow, she's a tough one." Jay mutters incredulously

"Right?!" I grunt. "In my 5 years as an idol, this is the first time I ever had anyone rejecting me the way she does." I state, shaking my head as I find the situation both frustrating and hilarious at the same time.

"People usually go crazy for us." Ni-Ki drawls amusedly as he leans back on his chair, crossing his feet up on the table once more.

"And this woman is driving me crazy." I grumble, scratching my furrowed brows. "What could be wrong with me? I'm sure as hell I'm not ugly-" I ask myself absentmindedly.

"Just when I'm not around you." Jay interjects casually.

"And I'm good at dancing-" I continue despite Jay's comment.

"Yeah, just not as good as I am." Ni-Ki rebuts this time.

"And I can sing well." I say slowly, looking at them knowingly.

"Well, you're fine." Jay comments nonchalantly.

I let out a groan before facing them both. "You're actually not supposed to crush my self-esteem, you know? You should be providing emotional support for me." I inform them sarcastically.