Chapter 3

- HEESEUNG'S POV -

- HEESEUNG'S POV -

"I don't know why you would even ask that question." Jungwon slowly sets down his utensils. "You know that they won't allow it." He continues, his arms now crossed at the top of the table in front of him.

"Keep it a secret for me?" I plead, settling down my utensils as well as I look at each and one of them.

"Well," Ni-Ki joins in as he swallows his food. "Knowing our manager, he might help Hee."

Jay abruptly waves his hand at us to show his disapproval, his face red as he tries to swallow his food quicker so he could speak. "I think you forgot how anti-romantic our manager is," He finally says, grabbing the glass of water beside his plate and drinks before speaking again. "If you really want to see that woman again, we're your best shot."

I hastily shake my head. "I don't need your help to see her." I clarified. "I just need permission to do it."

"And I say, no." Jungwon answers firmly, before he turns his attention back on his unattended breakfast though it's apparent that he already lost his appetite as he's only fondling his food with his fork.

"But-"

"No." Jungwon cuts me off before I could even complete my sentence, flashing me a stern look.

"Let's be honest," Jake suddenly chimes in, tapping his fingers on the marble table the 7 of us are gathered in for breakfast. "We all know Heeseung wouldn't listen anyway even if you prohibit him."

I bit my lip as I restrained myself from grinning at the fact that Jake just uttered. Jungwon shifts his serious gaze at me, and I immediately faked a cough to make my grin unnoticeable by him.

"I totally agree." Jay says who's now busy forking down the sausages and eggs on his plate but not eating, mainly because he's still about to say something. "I think we should just let him be."

"You haven't forgotten we can't date, right?" Jungwon states bluntly, his jaw becoming tense for some weird reason.

"Says who?" I retort, getting annoyed at how much of a big deal this is becoming when it shouldn't be. "It's not even in the contract."

"It's an unwritten rule in the industry we're in." He responds in as a matter-of-fact tone.

I heave out a sigh, letting out the frustration building up inside me. I lean on the table, my arms folded together as I meet Jungwon's gaze calmly. "This is the only time I'm asking for anything, I promise."

"Please." Jay chuckles. "Rules are meant to be broken anyway, written or unwritten." He backs me up coolly which I appreciate a lot, but I wish he didn't do it just yet. Jungwon's feature was just softening as he listened to me but then, it immediately turned into a frown at Jay's comment.