A Sweet Treat- Wanda

Pryaniki- Russian gingerbread cookies, Orechovnik- Slovak nut roll, Sharlotka- Russian apple cake, Medovik- Russian layered honey cake

As soon as you exit the compound elevator a wonderful smell hits you. Your mouth is watering as you head for the kitchen and it's of no surprise to you when you find your girlfriend, Wanda, standing at the counter.

Her face lights up as she feels your presence and she quickly turns towards you, "Malysh(baby)!"

"Hi baby" you greet as you wrap your arms around her waist before kissing her cheek, "Whatever you are making smells absolutely delicious."

She smiles, leaning into your embrace, "Thank you, I've never made some of it before, so I'm hoping it comes out tasting as good as it smells."

"Oh, I'm sure it will." you tell her, "So what all are you making?"

"Well, I've made some American staples. A pecan pie, an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, chocolate pumpkin cheesecake, and a pumpkin loaf. And from my childhood I've made a honey cake, a batch of baklava, a batch of honey cookies, pumpkin spice babka, a batch of pryaniki, and an orechovnik." she tells you pointing to each item as it sits on one of the various countertops, "Then in the oven now is one last two things I'm making, sharlotka and medovik"

"Wow, you've been busy. But it all sound delicious Wands" you tell her as you look around you at all the yummy sweets

Her brows scrunch together as she also looks around, "Is it too much?"

"Are you kidding me?" you ask with a laugh, "You know how much we all enjoy your cooking and baking. Steve, Clint and I will honestly eat anything you make. Plus Thor will be here and he'll want to try everything. And you know Nat and Lena are a sucker for all your European dishes."

She chuckles, "I honestly didn't intend to make so much, I just got a bit carried away with all the honey and pumpkin options. But I guess that is a good thing, considering."

The next hour is spent in the kitchen. As she finishes up the last two desserts you work on cutting the cakes and pies before starting to find space for them all in the fridge. Once everything is put away appropriately and ready to be shared amongst the others you both head back to her bedroom. As you both settle down on the bed and as she readies Hocus Pocus on the tv, you can't help but pout.

"What's wrong, malysh(baby)?"

Your frown deepens, "You made so many yummy things and it completely slipped my mind to grab us anything to enjoy"

She laughs, planting a soft kiss to the end of your nose before she holds a container out in front of you, "I thought you'd want something, so I grabbed us a few of each cookie."

You smile, quickly grabbing the container and opening it to grab yourself some goodies, "Thank you soooo much baby. Your cookies are the best"

"You're very welcome." she tells you, grabbing a cookie for herself

As the movie starts she glances over at you once more and smiles as she sees some crumbs at the corner of your mouth. She reaches out, grabbing your chin to get you to look at her. She gently uses her thumb to brush them off you, and her stomach does flips at the way you look at her.

"I love you Y/n."

"I love you too, Wanda" you tell her, leaning in for a kiss, "Thank you for making the sweets for all of us"

She sighs happily as she leans against you, "I will always feed my family"