Indomitable Creatures and Her

Only between the shadow of each tree could two silhouettes be seen standing in the dim fall morning sun. Weak shoestring lines of sunlight cascaded down through the evergreen canopy to irradiate the setting dew on everything from blades of grass to hewn logs left to rot or leafy branches of bushes.

Lady Alicent asked you to take a walk in the garden and share her thoughts regarding your brother. To your amazement, they were forming a relationship that did not predict the worst. Cregan was now reminding you of a little boy who finally got his sweets and was joyful almost every time the conversation went about Alicent Hightower. You led her along the path beside a Weirwood tree, taking her under the arm.

"I feel so flurried confessing that I indeed like him too, Lady Y/n."

"It is natural to feel that way, Lady Alicent. Cregan only vents about you." You said softly.

Squeezing a book in her hands, Alicent looked at you dreamily, a pink blush colouring her cheeks forthwith. She was just like Cregan, joyful enough to shift the aura around her, and make the birds sing again like on a spring morning. Reaching the long terrace strewn with flower bushes, you took a moment to admire the city.

"Today is a good day." The sound of approaching steps made both of you turn towards the intruder of the silence. Alicent hurried to bow her head looking at her feet.

"Good morning, my lord." She said.

"Lady Alicent. Lady Y/n." Daemon bowed his head.

"My lord." You repeated after Alicent.

Without a word, Daemon silently looked over at you occasionally looking past you, at the scenery. Squinting her eyes Alicent clearly saw the condition you were in, how tense the air got in a few seconds. Faintly smiling to herself, she cleared her voice and said, "I must hurry before my Father leaves. Thank you for your company, Lady Y/n."

She smiled at you pointedly. "My lord" was the last thing she uttered to Daemon before disappearing behind the garden trees.

Daemon followed her with his gaze until she was no longer seen and turned back to you. "You should put something on over your dress. Preferably a mantle."

"Is there a reason?" Eyes scanning over him, you raised an eyebrow in his direction.

"You might need it while riding a dragon." He revealed.

"Excuse me?" You studied him sceptically but his words caught you off guard, "A dragon?"

"I want you to meet Caraxes." His eyes gleaming.

"Absolutely not." You frowned.

"Yes."

"No!"

"Why?" He asked almost pleadingly.

You pulled at your bottom lip and tried to avert your eyes, "Because I am terrified of them."

"You? Fearless woman with sword skills better than anyone I know?" He cocked a playful eyebrow over in your direction.

He waited ready for you to make a snarky remark. But it never came. Either you were tired or you were waiting to pop off with something he did not want to hear. You lowered your eyes.

He blinked to focus on your face but mostly all he could feel was the faint touch of fragility that you radiated in that moment. You shook your head taking less care to see him slink his way closer to you. Taking your hands into his, he unintentionally pulled you closer to him.

"He will not do you any harm, unless I say so."

"Don't you know the legends? A dragon will not let anyone on himself except for Targaryen." Your ability to control your anger less refined than him.