Who is Missing from the Feast

Clutched in your hand was a crisply folded piece of parchment. Twenty and two days later Cregan not going back on his desire to marry Alicent Hightower. And you not speaking a single word to Jeyne Stark, your mother about your disagreement to marry a Lannister at such an unspurred time.

"Two wedding ceremonies at once, can you believe how colossal this is?" Lady Stark spoke to Septa rather than to you.

"I only wish them to be truly happy..." Septa Marei looked up from her dress over to you, who stayed quiet most of the morning.

"It is ill luck to be lugubrious on the eve of your wedding, my dear." Your mother beamed a smile on you.

"Oh, mother, the Old Gods don't care whether I smile or not, nor Lannisters." You slowly looked over to your mother.

Once your words registered in her mind, she was quick to allow offense take over her mildly shocked expression, "Lord Lannister is..."

"A cunt," you said firmly only to find Septa nod approvingly but stopped immediately the moment your mother backed off from the chair she was rising from.

"A feast will be held tonight, that will be in honor of their visit also. You may act like a nice lady and let us betroth you with a suitable lord for you that is Perceon Lannister, or would you rather keep a company to that silver haired Targaryen - a traitor of his own family? Gods know, perhaps he was the one that sent those mongrels your way." Jeyne finished with a tender touch of her palm on your cheek.

Yanked back to what was pertinent, you realized your response was needed. Not even needing to look back at your mother, you shook your head, "No, mother."

She smiled but you continued, "It was not him. I could have taken those men down myself, but he saved me first."

"Now you defend him," her expression changed, swelled with a deep breath. "Have you fallen in love, my child?"

You swallowed a lump in your throat and bit down on your bottom lip with uncertainty before speaking up, "I better get ready for the feast."

"Rickon may be blind, but I am no fool. I've noticed your swirling around each other whenever the chance came in King's Landing." Your mother stepped forward and touched your cheek again making you look at her.

"And don't you think that I do not want your happiness, my dear." The firm hold you had kept on your watery eyes quivered when they laid sight on your mother. "The royal family does not like cold. There's no place for us in the South."

Blinking away the dewy water line of your lashes you fought off the threat of the dam keeping your tears at bay. "Let me guess - ill luck?" You said before hurrying to leave the room.

***

The sound of laughter filling your ears as you stepped into a hall. Golden cloaks and gowns were everywhere to be recognized as Lannisters. You stood on the side of the main hall, watching with bated breath as every piece in the room starting with handkerchiefs was exactly how your mother had planned. From the clusters of candles lighting the room to the endless bouquets of winter roses decorating the walls. It was impossible to not look around in awe. For that you could have envy her preparedness. Couples moved through a dance drawing circles around the premises.

Although most of the guests gathered to prepare for Cregan's and Alicent's wedding, they also knew about the second planned wedding between you and lions. And everyone anticipated a dance between the young lady Stark and Perceon Lannister.

Perceon Lannister was the firstborn child of his father and had the reputation of a determined soldier. He was tall with trimmed iconic golden hair and bronze eyes that essentially screamed his status.

You kept watching over guests gathered there when he approached you. "Would you do me the honour of a dance, Lady Stark?" Lord Lannister asked, holding his hand out to you.

"I do believe, this is the most awaited question that everyone here has been waiting for." You smiled, taking his offered hand.

"Everyone but you?" He gracefully led you onto the dance floor, guiding you until you stood in front of him.

"I myself have been waiting for the wine to be served, to be honest, my lord." You replied.

Perceon laughed approvingly nodding his head. More steps, and twirls, and smiles - it all came together, and you were already passing other dancing couples. He twirled you around and you spotted Daemon, standing against the wall with his drink before you faced Perceon again. Daemon wondered what gods you believed in. He knew about the Old Gods of the Forest that people worshipped in North, innumerable and nameless spirits of each tree, unlike The Faith of the Seven, also commonly referred to as the New Gods. But what was that you believed? The dance slowly stopped. Perceon kissed your hand, grateful for the dance.

The faces of the guests that had beamed with smile now slowly faded as Daemon walked past your soon-to-be husband to extend his hand for you. "Will you grant me another dance, like the one in King's Landing, my Lady?" He asked fearlessly.

An expression of disapproval and confusion depicted on your parents' face along with a feeling of anger washed over them. You saw Perceon clenching his fists ready to attack Daemon anytime soon.

You needed to act now. "With pleasure, my Lord." You breathed taking Daemon's hand in to yours.

Most dances occurred out of mere courtesy and rarely meant more. To be able to dance with someone and have no connection with them. To not feel anything as they took your hand and spun you around the room. But not with Daemon. You felt everything with him, every rise of his chest, every touch of his. A long, hot sigh reached your ear followed by his smile, "We flee tonight."

Worried, your eyes swept everyone at the table hoping no one was witnessing the scene. Your father, who was constantly looking at you and talking to your mother, was determined to interfene, and prevent Daemon from approaching you, but your mother's hand on his was what had stopped him.

Daemon spun you one last time. You moved away and he pulled your back and into a gentle dip as the song concluded. You stepped away from one another and respectively bowed and curtseyed. But you knew this wouldn't be the last time to walk the halls of Winterfell. You made up your mind. And you prayed to the Old Gods that it wouldn't cost your family their lives.

You found it impossible to reply to him and there really wasn't much to say in front of half of the Northern people gathered there. Daemon walked out the front gates passing the corridor dimly lit by candles. You finally unstuck yourself and hustled over the decorated window to peer out in the hopes of seeing him. Much like all the other times Daemon's act of escape was flawless and no matter how hard you squinted you could not find a trace of him.

///

"I am hers, she is mine". This music is so intense you can feel the forbidden love.