Direwolf and Dragon Doomed

"Father will be furious," was all you said on the way home.

The wind rustled in the trees greeting newcomers from Dragonstone. You led Daemon back to the castle while Caraxes was flying above you through the clouds, searching the area.

"...for saving you? Are you that much of a rebellious daughter?" Daemon asked smirking barely keeping up with you.

Abruptly stopping you turned to him. "This is serious. That," you pointed at Caraxes above you , "...is serious. What were you thinking when coming to North? That I'd welcome you with open arms?" You frowned.

"I quite contrary think that in days to come any Targaryen and Stark that will try to forge a relationship will be doomed to be apart. But we have a chance."

"What makes you think that?"

"Hard days are ahead of us."

"Winter is coming." You whispered.

"Not quite what we say..." Daemon said before continuing. "...If the world of men is to survive, only powerful ones must be seated on the Iron Throne. "

In a low key tone he confessed what his thoughts had been occupied with last days. "A king and queen strong enough to unite the realm against the cold and the dark."

"You speak frantic thoughts, dragon." Shaking your head you felt a lightness flutter in your heart. Even with how high the sun hung and how late it must have been for you to return from practice. You did not care, instead keeping closer to Daemon as you walked towards the trouble.

Looking away from Caraxes, only barely noticing a slight move from your left, instantly catching your attention. A pair of eyes looking at you before stepping aside from the tree. Merle. A direwolf was as white as the snow. Her fur, short over her body and longer at the neck, was smooth and shiny. Her stance was confident and body muscular, this girl knew how to take care of herself. Just like her owner. You slowly smiled at your pet direwolf.

"Did you travel all the way for me, Merle?" You ran up to the year-old juvenile direwolf, already taller at its shoulder than your waist.

Daemon silently watched the two of you fascinated by the size of the direwolf as it was the first time he had ever seen one.

"You didn't think you were the only one with a best friend, did you?" You said petting Merle and looking up at Caraxes.

"I have heard of Stark's direwolves, they are fascinating. Also loyal to their masters." Daemon spoke not daring to move closer.

"That's why she went after me. When she felt someone threatening me." Merle became comfortable under your touch reminding you of a puppy.

No chance to follow in pursuit of what your father would be capable of doing when seeing Daemon, you added before letting Merle run towards the castle. "We are close already."

Shoulders back and head held high, you stepped through the gate instantly wrapped up in the attention of north people gathering around to see the silver haired man. Leaving Caraxes behind was a good idea, as you couldn't imagine the horror Winterfell people would have felt just by looking at the creature for the first time.

The tiny manservant who'd already delivered the news about Targaryen's arrival to your parents, appeared out of nowhere to escort you to your room and Daemon to the Lord Stark. The strife you had with him the night before in the hall was a moment of weakness you did not plan on sharing again. The servant quickly disappeared once Daemon was in the hall, leaving him to peer around the room.

"Almost a year passed and you return alive from that godless place, Stepstones. Are the sayings true?" The old man appeared from behind a door.

"I conquered the Stepstones, that is true. They call me "King of the Narrow Sea" now." Daemon said.