Bewitched the Faithless

Alcohol having done stranger things in the world, it was your undiscerning agreement with Daemon's tactical change in your father's endeavour that stunned the present in the room. "Targaryens has wedded several wives for centuries, it did not stop them from remaining a powerful house." Daemon answered calmly.

"Is it what you also told the Bronze princess, when you married her, my lord?" You stepped forward dismissing your father's confusion.

"I didn't have much of a choice when I was forced to marry her, my lady."

"I didn't think someone could possibly force you to do something." Your voice echoed around him.

Feeling like his tongue was made of dry cotton Daemon found it impossible to reply to you. "Only under certain circumstances."

A low grumble came from the eldest who couldn't help observe his daughter showing any kind of interest to a man for the first time. Inhaling sharply the man shook his head trying to clear scattered thoughts and focus. Too far into it now the common sense he normally held was far out of question when all he could think about was getting back to the bed with intend to sleep.

"I don't wish to listen to any more of this nonsense. We are returning first in the morning." Rickon Stark stated before facing the Great Hall and leaving the two silhouettes alone.

"Perhaps there's a bit of a witch in you." Daemon leaned in, and you turned around just in time to see his eyes fixed on you. He brushed a strand of your hair behind your ear, his touch unexpectedly soft on your skin.

"Because you have bewitched me." His voice was quiet and alluring as it hit your eardrums, and you could feel it melt into your consciousness.

"Perhaps you needed it?" You asked him, whispering into his ear, your body was closer to his than you'd ever been before.

Without completely realising what he was doing, he turned his head slightly and pressed his lips against yours. It was only the spark of a second, just enough to taste sweet alcohol you'd been drinking on your tongue, and then he broke the kiss.

"I'll take that as a "yes", then." You murmured, looking down at the pendant he presented to you.

***

The waxing sun was nearing it's blossom into a full sun above King's Landing. Fetching your dagger from the small hilt in your buckle, you jabbed it under the lip of the crate until it was wedged tightly in there. Packing things became to an end. Your thoughts disheveled by someone barging in your room, before the sun was high enough to shine bright into your alcove.

Still kept to yourself you touched the ruby on your neck without thought. You keeping it discreetly in your ownership. Either Daemon would know it's just a present to you. Or more comforting thought was he indeed gave it to you much like a rare treasure you are.

You moved from the middle of your bed to the edge seeing your handmaid rush to you. "What is it?" You asked confused.

She stopped in the middle of the room and caught her breath before speaking up. "The dragon... my lady. The dragon stopped the carriage."

"What carriage?" You insisted.

"Your carriage, my lady. He won't let the horsemen pass the gates." She looked down.

Not sure you registered correctly the scenario in front of you. You furrowed your brows doubtful of Daemon attempting to do that. Or could he? When you looked over at the handmaid she gave you a nervous look and continued, "Prince Daemon Targaryen asks for your presence, my lady."

"Me?" You asked surprised, dozing on the bomb shell. Interested you whisked past her towards the door before stopping. "Make sure these bags are loaded into the carriage as well. He'll get my presence."

Astraddle about what means could Daemon have this time by calling you without warning. Shoulders back and head held high, you approached the street full of tradesmen interestingly and cautiously gazing at Caraxes, solemnly standing in front of gates that looked significantly small beside him. Daemon Targaryen got off the dragon when you approached them.

"Will you keep me away from my homeland, now?" You called upon the silence in the street.

"Were you about to leave without saying goodbye?" Daemon's charming smile returning to his mouth.

"I told you more than enough last night. I am needed in Winterfell, you - in Stepstones. Our paths do not intersect." Swelling your chest with a long breathe, you were tired of Daemon's chess game.

"Goodbye, Daemon." You said patting your dress you whisked past him towards the gates. In all honesty leaving without thought until Daemon grabbed your forearm. Firm and bringing you to a stop, you didn't pull away but did give him a dirty look. More so for the display inappropriately in front of people of King's Landing.

"My marriage will be dissolved." He brought his hand to caress your cheek, understanding words were foolish to share. He could only glance at you with an addled look of misunderstanding for what he thought was a smooth ride. He wished for a moment to demand answers but there was no time. You made up your mind. You calmly kept his gaze until Daemon begrudgingly let you go and you turned to be off with the servant towards the carriage. It seemed to you Caraxes understood everything and took off to the clouds with a loud screeching, as if giving away his hurt.

When Daemon turned around, he was sucked quickly into the turmoil with the population, but he only noticed a stern look of the King.