She's Gone

"Hey, Abi. Can we speak to you?" Asked the receptionist as she pulled me out of my English lesson.

I was worried. What have I done? What happened last week? I pushed that girl into a door, I didn't mean to, I was in a rush. I apologised and she said she was fine. It's okay. It's fine.

"The principal would like to talk to you." She said and opened the woman's door.

"Hi, miss. I promise. I didn't mean to. I was in a rush, she said she was fine a-and I apo-"

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you are talking about but I suggest you take a seat."

I slowly put my bag down and perched on the edge of the seat, my hands soaked with sweat.

"I'm very sorry to let you know, your grandmother has passed away. She was found asleep in her armchair."

"Was she found asleep? Or was she found dead? There's a massive difference."

"Abi. I know this is hard to process. You may want to think she is just asleep but-"

"No. You just said she was found asleep in her armchair. She wasn't though. She was found dead."

"Yes. I'm sorry, she has passed."

"Okay." I said and stood up oit of my chair.

"DCFS are on their way. They will get you to pack up your stuff and move you to a foster home or a group home."

"Okay." I said and grabbed my bag up off the floor.

"Abi?"

I opened her door and slammed it behind me. I ran out of the office and straight to my locker, grabbing all of my books out and shoving them into my bag.

I started hearing the sounds of heels clicking as I tried to pack up all my stuff. I looked around the corner as a woman with a briefcase and a black suit with a skirt was walking with my principal.

I ran out of one of the fire exit doors and ran straight home, without stopping. When I got there, there was police tape around the front door and some people were stood in the garden with notepads in their hands. I saw the upstairs side window was open so I ran round the side and started my climb.

However, when I got into my bedroom, there was a guy in there with a young woman, looking around my room. They were picking up photo frames as well as flipping through my science book.

I waited for them to leave before I climbed into the room. My arms were dead after I had been hanging there for a while but I knew I had to be quick. I reached under my bed, grabbing a backpack and then some of my warmest clothes as well as a blanket and a picture frame of me and my dad.

"Hey, kid. How did you get in here?" Asked someone.

*Jay's Pov*

It was so sad to hear that a young girl was now having to be moved out of her childhood home. Her parents were gone and now, her grandmother.

Kim and I were looking through her stuff in her bedroom to try and find out what happened to the grandmother. The fifteen year old, Abi, was told that she passed away peacefully but instead, her grandmother was murdered.

We had just left her room and walked outside when Hank told us to head back up.

"A patrol officer notified us that Abi has left school and there was a person hanging from the window around the side."

"Alright. We'll head back up." I said and jogged into the house and up the stairs.

I walked slower up the stairs to not spook Abi and so we could get to her before she decided to run again.