Hidden In Plain Sight

*Abi's Pov*

After I left the safe house, I snuck into the school grounds via the roof. I climbed the pipes on the side of the building and then walked over to where the library would be. I used my pass to get in before walking up the stairs to a tucked away corner.

I sat on the floor, resting my head against the wall as I fought to keep my eyes open.

The sound of a very loud bell woke me in the morning. A heard a few laughs downstairs as the library started to clear. I checked the time, seeing that it was time for tutor, so I grabbed my hoodie, put it on and put the hood up before walking to tutor.

I took a seat at the back, not answering my name for the register and left before tutor official's finished. I got to my class early and sat at the back again.

"Hello Students, this is Lily Fern. She is new at school, please be nice to her."

I watched as the girl moved to the back of the class and dumped herself down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Lily, and you are?"

"No one."

"Clearly you are someone. What's the hood for?"

"Doesn't matter."

She was a pretty girl who looked friendly but if you got on the wrong side of her, she would be a real bitch. She took down everything that was on the board as I did the same. She looked over to my work a few times and smiled a bit before going back to her own work.

"What's your name?"

"Abi Smith."

"Smith. I know a few."

"Do you?" I sighed.

"Yeah. I'm from Michigan. There were a few at my school."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Are you hiding from something?"

"Someone."

"You're doing a good job. Considering your teacher hasn't even spoken to you yet and no one has acknowledged you yet."

"Apart from you." I said with a small smile.

I pulled my hood down and looked at the girl who gave me a smile.

"You're beautiful. Why are you hiding?"

"It's private. Enjoy the rest of your day." I said and walked off after the bell had went and walked towards my locker.

"Wanna be friends?"

"No." I said, looking through my locker.

She slammed my locker shut, right in front of me. I scrunched my hand up, getting angry but stopped myself because I suddenly realised that this girl is actually new and probably doesn't want to be hit on her first day, plus I was trying to blend in and hide.

"What the fuck is your problem?"

"My problem? You clearly missed the memo. 'Be nice to Lily, it's her first day.'"

"Yeah, well hopefully it will be your last. You annoy the living shit out of me."

"You have no friends."

"What's your name again? Mr Obvious?"

"Stop trying to fight the fact that you hate being alone. You let out a small smile when I entered that classroom. I might have been the only one to see it but I can tell that you want to be friends."

"You don't know anything about me."

"No, I don't but I know your name is Abi Smith."

"Yep. The one and only."