Chapter 1

Sandra's POV
It's been an hour since I was done with my interview and I knew I got the job but I wasn't happy. I never wanted this job. I came to the interview just for my parents sake. The interview started at 8:30 am and has ended at 10:00 am. There were only six candidates including me so, the inyerview wasn't long. I checked the time on my cellphone, its 11:03 am now.
I always dreamed to be in government service. But I couldn't pass the exam in my first attempt. So my parents told me to do a doctorate degree and become a professor. My parents wanted me to have a simple life not the one which involves regular dealing with criminals.
I never gave up completely on my dream job thou. To pursue my dreams, I gave the exam in secret without telling anyone . The results are soon to be announced. I passed the first two stages of exam easily because of my preparation of years.
It's been a month since the interview.

I was roaming around the streets while thinking about all these.
I didn't want to go home yet. I just want to get some air, so I decided to walk the distance from the university to bus stand instead of taking a taxi.
I will be 26 this year. So, my parents wanted me to settle down. But I don't want to get married yet. I wanted to get a job and roam around the country freely. It's February, last of winter, here in India now. Spring is around the corner so the warmth, the sun is providing is pleasing to the body. Walking helps me clear my mind sometimes. As I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice three weirdly behaving men behind me .

There wasn't anyone on this street except the four of us. Suddenly a hand  came from the back and a cloth was put on my mouth forcefully. Because of sudden attack my body got numb, I forgot to breath. When I came back to my senses my instinct told me not to breath but i couldn't hold longer and breathed in whatever drug they had put on the cloth.
I was scared and only one thought came to my mind at that time, if I didn't fight now then my life is going to be a living hell.

First I tried to scream for help but my voice came out muffled due to the cloth on my mouth and there wasn't anyone else on this street. So I opted to fight back. I knew from somewhere that if you wanna tackle someone in a fight then a person's chin, adam's apple, ribs and genitals are the weakest part of the body.
so I tried to elbow the one behind me in his ribs and then kicked the one who was trying to hold me on his genitals but all in vain. They were faster and stronger than me. One of the men held my both hands. A black car with tinted windows stopped at some distance.

Till this moment the drug has already started showing its effect

Till this moment the drug has already started showing its effect. My eyes became drowsy and the view infront of my eyes became a blur. I panicked. I felt losing my strength due to the effect of drug.

Once again I gathered all the strength I have left in me and pushed the men holding my hands hard. I got my hands freed from his grip and scratched the man's faces, as hard as I could, who is holding the cloth on my mouth from behind. The men didn't expected that. He loosened his grip and stepped backward. This was enough for me to run. I ran. But regretfully the drug has already taken its effect. I couldn't run faster. I staggered like a drunkard trying hard to escape. While staggering I screamed for help again. The third men who was in the car till now, came out and caught me. He covered my mouth with his hand.

Noooooo

I didn't have more strength to fight again, so I stopped struggling. When the man noticed I had stopped struggling long ago he loosened his grip on my mouth and body. My body fell on the ground. The men carried me to the car. The other two men soon caught up to the third one. They put me in the trunk. While I was losing my consciousness I heard the men talking about Scorpion and Phoenix mafia fight.

Hearing the name of mafia I lost all my hopes of ever escaping in my life. Tears started to fall from my eyes . And just like that darkness engulfed me .