Chapter 39

Victor's POV

"No. You passed out the moment you entered the car."
I said through gritted teeth.
She stared at me and nodded.

"Boss you needed something ? "
Kiet asked.
"No. Why ? "
"I mean you are here so-"
"Why ? I can't come ? "
"No,no,no, boss I mean-"
I glared at him and that shut up him. I looked at her again to see through her but her expression didn't give anything away. It lookslike she really doesn't remember anything. I turned around and left.

Veronica's POV

I was looking at his back when Senior Kiet nudged me.
"Why did the boss glared at me like I stole his wife ? "
I shrugged my shoulders.
"I don't know. Maybe you did."
Senior Kiet looked at me and made a expression like he was in deep thoughts.
"Wait !! Does boss also have a crush on Eunwoo ?!!!! "
"Who knows"
"I have to tell Eunwoo to be completely dressed in future when he comes in contact with boss. No !!  I should tell him to stay away from boss what if he fell for boss."
"You think boss is gay ? "
This question stopped him from rambling and he looked at me.
"Well.......about that........I am not... uhm.... not very sure. Huhh !! "
I laughed.
"Do you think if boss was really a gay do you still stand a chance? I mean just comparing your looks is enough to beat you."
"Damn!!! That's true."
"So you agree that you are not handsome."
"You-!!!"
I laughed.

"Wait Veronica what was the look that boss gave you ? "
"What look ? "
"When you apologized about last night you being drunk and thanking him. Just after that, the look that boss gave you."
I shrugged my shoulders in response.
"It was like you stole his first kiss and are now declining to take responsibility."
"Will I still be alive after kissing him then ? "
"Hmmm. That's true."
He said.
"Let's get back to training."
I said to him.

During the lunch break Amber came to meet me. She told me that it is Victor's birthday in a few days and she is going to a mall this evening to buy him a gift. She wanted me to accompany her there.
So after taking half day off from Ethan we went for the mall.

Veronica's Outfit

Amber's Outfit

It has been two hours since we entered the mall and Amber bought everything except a gift for Victor.
She bought herself some dresses, heels, cosmetics, and now we are going to buy something for gift. Amber said she wanted to buy a cologne and a watch for Victor. We are now going to buy the watch after that we will go to the perfume shop.

Amber was still in the midst of selecting when I told her that I am going to the washroom. She nodded. The washroom is just after two stores.

Third person's POV

Maria(Victor's Mom) and Tessa(Amber's Mom) were roaming around in the mall when a girl walked away from infront of them.
Maria gasped.
"..........Jennifer......"
She whispered.
"What ? "
Tessa asked as she didn't hear what Maria said due to some music paying in the background.
"JENNIFER !!! "
Maria screamed and ran in the direction of the girl.
Tessa ran behind Maria looking around.
Maria looked here and there, turning around several times but she couldn't find the person she was looking for.
She lost her. Again.
A tear fell down from her eyes.
Tessa started consoling her as she was also feeling sad.

"It might be just your imagination Maria"
"No !!  I saw her. I am sure it was her."
She said with heavy heart.
"It's OK. We will find her someday."
"Hmmm"

Veronica's POV

I went back to Amber and she has already chosen something. After buying a cologne we went to eat something. I ordered a sandwich and a coffee while Amber ordered a burger, french fries and a pepsi.

After finishing our meal we walked straight to the parking lot. I told the driver to drop Amber to her dormitory first.

When we reached the dormitory I noticed a quite good looking man standing outside the dormitory as if waiting for someone. Amber bid me farewell and walked towards her dormitory. The man smiled as soon as he saw Amber and talked to her while she was still walking. Amber looked at him once and enterd the dormitory.

The man stayed there outside the dormitory for a few more minutes and turned around to leave, that's when our eyes met. He was standing about 10-11 metres away from me.

He was shocked that might be an understatement, as his eyes went wide while he was gaping at me as if he was watching a ghost. Then he rubbed his eyes and again looked at me. And then as if something clicked in his mind, he opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, that's when I told the driver to drive.
From the back I could hear a man shouting
"WAIT!!! STOP!!!!!"

I closed my eyes thinking about something.
I took out the gold tops my father gifted me and stared at them.

Victor's POV

I was working out in my personal gym at my house when Lucas entered the gym.

"You remember Paul, the younger brother of the gang leader who impersonated us and got killed by us."
"Hmm"
I hummed while doing push ups.
"He is gathering people secretly for revenge. Should we eliminate him too?"
I stood up.
"Let him be."
I drank a sip of water and asked him.
"What about the person our parents are looking?"
" About that...... We couldn't find anything. But I have found something else. The Russians and the Scorpions are looking for the same person as well."
I looked at him.
"I got information that the person has something which the Russians want."
"What was so important that they are searching even after more that 20 years?"
"I don't know clearly but ..........it's something related to group called 'Black army'."
"Black army?"

------------------------------

How is it?
It's been a long and chilly day today.
The atmosphere has been misty the whole day.

I don't want to write, I just want to go in hibernation till the winters end😂😂😂.

Who else feels like this?

Sometimes I feel like I should have been a bear or a snake but seeing how they attack their prey I feel like I am better as a human😜.

Are you liking the story so far?

Please tell me if there are any grammatical mistakes, as I have told you I am a new writer and English is not my first language.

Thanks for reading!!
Good night.
Take care.😘😘😘
Sweet Dreams.
Bye bye.😘😘😘