Chapter 30

Amber's POV

When I saw Brother Lucas looking helpless and almost stammering I just wanted to laugh but I controlled my expression.
Sometimes I think I should be a actress, I would be the best one no doubt(*imaginary waving at her imaginary fans*). I continued with my act until my DEAR Elder Brother could not say a sentence which would make sense. At that point I lost it and laughed out loud.

I REALLY can't believe that Lucas is the most intelligent among us siblings. No.... there might be some problem with the mind of the person who declared it.(Author isn't that person you ?)

Now both of them are even more nervous and looking at me weirdly.
"Sor.....sorr.....sorry.... But I can't......cont...control it...anymo....more."
I laughed and laughed until my stomach started paining.
In the time being brother has also calmed down a little but Grace has still a worried expression on her face.
I pinched myself hard to stop my laugh.
After a few seconds of calming down I started speaking.
Till now both of them are silent.
"Sorry brother. Sorry Grace I was just joking with you both. I just wanted to punish you both for hiding this from me for so long. How long has it been?"

I started counting on my fingers.
"Around 10 MONTHS and you are still hiding it."
Hearing that they both showed a surprised expression.
"Yeah Yeah I knew it from the first day infact I was the one behind the scenes plotting for both of you to get closer."

They were shocked at first and then their eyebrows furrowed. How both of them are acting in sync like twins.....so cute.
"How ? When ? "
Finally my brother spoke.
"I liked you Grace from our first meeting. I liked you more afterknowing you for an year. At that time I wanted you to be my sister-in-law and how it would be true soon."

Grace face turned red. I continued.

"But I also didn't wanted to force both of you in a relationship you don't want. So...... Brother you remember the first time you saw her she was feeding the dogs."
He nodded and smiled.
"Back to the reality Bro. Do you want to hear it or not ? "
His face turned red. Grace giggled and his face turned darker shade of red.
"So I knew that Grace always feed them on the same time that's why I told you to pick me up from that location on that day. I hid in the bushes and told you to wait there. I wanted to see if she would caught yoir attention ans SHE DID. I saw the look on your face and knew that my plan has worked and you liked her."

I stopped talking for sometime and looked at them. Now both of them had a expression of understanding. I started speaking again this time looking at Grace.

"My brother had already fallen in love with you but you didn't notice him. So next I arranged a coincidence for both of you. Grace do you remember how you met my brother ? "

She nodded.
"It was raining that day and I lost my umbrella and was standing infront of the library when he came."
"Yes. So basically you didn't lost your umbrella. I stole it."
I grinned.
"You....."
Grace said in disbelief.
"I was there in the library too, that day. So I again called him to pick me up and told him to fetch two umbrellas making a excuse that I don't want to share an umbrella with him."
"And I gave the other umbrella to her and told you that I could only get one." Lucas spoke.
"Exactly ! "
I exclaimed and clapped my hands in excitement.
"She also fell in love with you at the first sight. Since both of you liked each other, it only needed me to create such coincidences a few more and soon I got the results."
I said the last sentence pointing my fingers inbetween them.

"You know you both should thank me. If not for me you both wouldn't have been together."

Someone entered the room while clapping his hands.
"Who needs a enemy when your own sister is plotting against you."
Ethan spoke from behind.
"Shut up ! I only got a sister-in-law by my plotting. Brother Lucas is the one who got the most advantage from this scheme. "

"Hi Grace

"Hi Grace. I'm Ethan. I'm Lucas younger but handsome brother. We finally met. Nice to meet you"
While introducing himself he walked upto Grace and hold his hand up for a handshake.
Grace smiled and was about to hold his hand for handshake when Lucas slapped Ethan's hand.
"Keep your hands to yourself. Whenever you meet him in the future just ignore him like a stranger."
The first sentence was for Ethan and the second one was for Grace.

Ethan gave a pained expression.

"Amber you should go in politics

"Amber you should go in politics."
Ethan said.
I giggled.
I looked at Grace and said,
"Welcome to our family, Grace."

After the party ends here we have to go to Brother Victor's house in the suburbs of the city. As he has also arranged a small party there for me. I haven't gone there since last 6-7 months because I was busy with my studies and I had visited Brother Victor in his office several times instead.
--------------------

  What are your thoughts about Amber ?