Prologue

Sandra's POV
From where I am standing now I saw a road infront of me and mountains. The view infront of me feels unreal. Its breathtakingly beautiful with the sun peeking from behind the mountains. The sun will soon be completely hidden behind the mountains and darkness would engulf the nature.

 The sun will soon be completely hidden behind the mountains and darkness would engulf the nature

The birds are returning back to their shelter, to their babies. I don't know how I came here or what I am doing here but I am happy to be here. The view is providing peace to my mind. When I was still enjoying the landscape infront of me I caught sight of a red car coming from my right. I can make a outline that three people are sitting in the car, two in the back seat: a man and a woman and third one is the driver itself. The male and female in the backseat were talking with big smiles on their faces. They look like a couple from their interaction. When the car came closer and the faces became more clearer, I was shocked to see that the female in the car is my mother but I didn't recognized the man. Besides the couple there is a little girl also there in the car, which I didn't saw at first as she was hiding behind the driver's seat.
The car came more closer to me and for the first time I saw the baby's face. She has green eyes just like me and has silver coloured hairs. Her eyes are shining while looking outside the window.
She is about two or three years old. The little girl smiled at me and I smiled back and waved to her. The car was about to pass me. Suddenly from the corner of my eyes I saw a black figure moving. I looked towards my left and saw a man in black outfit with his face covered with mask, a black cap on his head, holding a gun in his hand, which is targeted at the car. I looked back at the car with wide eyes and tried to alert the driver of the car by shouting but.......... no sound came out of my mouth.
I tried to move my body but my body felt rigid.
The man in the car beside my mom looked at me at this moment, I tried to alert him signalling him with my eyes but he just looked at me and smiled with gentleness in his eyes.
I never felt this much helpless in my life. I wanted to save them but I can't do anything. I saw the sniper positioned his finger on the trigger and..........................

My phone rang. I opened my eyes and gasped for air. It was a bad dream. I rubbed my hand over my face. 

I put off the alarm in the phone, got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom.

Today is 5 February 20XX and I have to go to the XXX university  for the interview. The interview will start at 8:30 in the morning. I had set my alarm for 5:00 am the previous night.

I have dreamed the same dream about seven or eight times. I don't know why I kept dreaming about it again and again. I only started seeing this dream after a small accident six months ago.
I was crossing the road when a car almost ran over me. If not for me falling backward I might have died that day. My mother was really frightened that day and we shifted to a new city in a few days after that accident. I told my mom that it was just a small accident but she kept saying that the car driver was trying to kill me which I thought was a little exaggerating. The car turned towards me because the driver was trying to save a child who came infront of his car while playing.

I started my morning routine by brushing my teeth, washing my face. It takes half an hour to drive to the university. But it will be the rush hour so I will be  leaving atleast an hour earlier of the interview time.
I brushed my teeth, washed my face, took a bath, detangled my hairs. It took me half an hour just to detangle my hair and put them into an office bun. After that I dressed into black and white office attire. I don't wear makeup. After I was completely dressed I walked out of my room to the kitchen and saw my mom working in the kitchen. The wall clock shows 6:30. I have enough time to eat my breakfast slowly.

I greeted my mom. My mother smiled at me. Just then my father came out of the bedroom. I greeted my father.
My father smiled and patted my head with love and sat on the dining table besides me. My father works in a private company as a manager in a far away city. He could only come back for only two or three days a month. My mother is a housewife.

I never saw my mom and dad showing their love infront of me but I also never saw them fighting. One thing is for sure, they respect each other. My mother told me that they had a love marriage and my grandparents weren't happy with their marriage so they agreed for the
marriage but never accepted them.

I am my parents only child.
I left my home exactly at 7:30 am. Bidding my parents farewell I walked to the main street. It's easy to get a taxi from there.
I got a taxi soon and reached the university entrance exactly at 8:07 am. I walked to the front office and asked about the exact location where the interview will be held. I thanked them and walked to the location. Two candidates were already there before me.
I am here to apply for physics professor job.