22| Finger food

Soobin knocked harshly on his girlfriends door, her soon opening it with an amused smirk on her face.

"Oh, so now you want to come over." She laughed at the boy, harshly pulling his arm and dragging him inside, forcing him to sit down on the bar stool infornt of the counter.

He was back, in her kitchen, on the same barstool where he had gone witnessed a lot.

"I made us supper, I hope you haven't eaten yet." She slid a bowl of suspicious soup infront of Soobin, who eyed it worriedly.

"Hello...by the way." He greeted her, she only nodded in response.

The atmosphere was tense and awkward, he felt so unbelievably uncomfortable. "What's in here babe?" He dropped the pet name, trying to lighten her up.

"Something." She beamed. "Eat darling." Her tone was sickeningly sweet.

He dipped the spoon into the soup, allowing some to spill out of the bowl, it was filled to the brim. He cautiously brought the spoon to his lips, sipping down the hot liquid.

"What do you think?" Soobin tried not to gag, it tasted awful, he wanted to throw it all up there and then, but he was afraid of what she would do.

"It's...Nice." He tried to smile.

"What's nice about it?" She tilted her head to the side, waiting for him to answer.

Soobin watched the steam rise from the bowl, not daring to look at his girlfriend. He tried to think of an answer, sweat beginning to drip down the sides of his face.

"The...flavour." He spoke, the aftertaste of the soup burning his throat.

"Mmmmm, do you like it?"

"Yes..." Soobin responded.

"Finish it and I'll tell you a little secret." She grinned, showing her teeth.

As much as Soobin didn't want another spoonful of that disgusting liquid in his mouth, he didn't want to see what she would do if he refused. He didn't want her to try and hurt herself again, he didn't want the blood on his hands.

He once again, brought the liquid to his mouth, this time, he tilted the entire bowl, swallowing quickly, trying to get it over and done with.

"You like it that much my love?" Soobin only nodded, still not looking up at the girl. "If you only knew how happy that makes me. Now it's time I tell you the secret ingredient!"

She placed her hands over the bowl that was once filled with her deathly concoction. She slowly pulled the bowl towards her side of the counter, Soobin finally noticing the bandage placed over her ring finger.

Well, where her ring finger was supposed to be.

For the first time since she had given him his food, he looked up at her, her twisted smile greeting him. He felt his stomach churn as the contents he had just ingested rose up in his throat.

He made a bee line for the bathroom, not even managing to reach the toilet before he threw up all over the tiled floor. He began to cry, the reality of what had just happened hitting him.

He forced his finger down his throat, trying to make sure everything was out, before he reached for the bath tap, opening it and filling his mouth with the cold water. He would fill his mouth, and spit it out again, fill his mouth, and spit it all out again.

He still felt unclean though, reaching for the knob of her bathroom cupboard, yanking it open and grabbing the detergent inside it. His world was spinning, he was freaking out, all the could be heard was his crying, and Yunhee's manic laughter from behind him.

Then

He blacked out.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

We don't slow down, we push on!

I'm low-key rlly proud of this chapter ngl🤭🤭

Also- he didn't drink the detergent, he passed out before he could even open it.