♛ epilogue ♛

He slowly walked towards the park, his sneakers hitting the tar with a light thud, his steps were heavy, unlike his heart.

The park where Kai and him had bought ice cream and spoken about the boy he had come to love. The place he believes, it all started.

Where he first began to hope, that maybe, just maybe, he could forgive Yeonjun, perhaps even befriend him.

He chuckled lightly, recalling those memories, recalling the days he would shoot Yeonjun sour looks, never noticing the blush on the older cheeks everytime they caught eyes.

He remembered the way he'd brush off the fluttering in his heart, everytime Yeonjun made contact with him. The light touches, the short eye contact, the soft laughter, the small things that changed his mind, made him come to love the elder.

He had come to love the way Yeonjun spoke, the way he laughed, the way he smiled, how his eyes would crinkle, how he'd judge Beomgyu everytime he spoke. Everything about him, every little mannerism, habit, detail about him, made Soobin's heart pump faster.

The way Yeonjun had supported him through his first, and most toxic relationship, the way he had been a shoulder to cry on, the way he always knew what Soobin needed. They were perfect for eachother, even if it had taken Soobin years to figure that out.

He was dressed in a light jacket, the weather not too cold to be dressed in more than a jersey. He watched as the colourful swingset in the background, became clearer to him with each step he took.

He slowly made his way to the creaking swings, admiring the bright blue and yellow seats, the paint on the poles beginning to peel off, but he didn't mind, he still loved the colours.

Soobin sat on the swing, gently swinging back and forth, his feet grazing over the sand underneath him as he swung.

The cold wind was blowing his hair in different directions, his eyes shut as his mind focused on the rhythmic motions of the swing.

Up, down, up, down, up, down.

It resembled his life, everything he had been going through until now. So unsteady, he previously had no foothold, nobody to catch him if he fell. But now, he had fallen, and he had been caught by someone.

His eyelids fluttered open, the moment he heard a certain boy calling out to him.

"My love!"

And finally, Soobin stood up.

Stopping the swings rhythm and walking towards his boyfriend. Embracing the shorter boy and placing a soft kiss on his plump lips.

Up.

That's where he would be going from now on.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶