39| Acceptance

Soobin sat in the courtroom, trying not to cry as pictures of his abused body flashed across the screen.

His father glared at him, knowing it was his end. He'd lose the company he had worked so hard for, he'd lose his wife, he'd lose his child.

But his wife, and his child, would gain freedom. The only thing that they would never be able to afford otherwise, no matter how much money they had.

He recalled the memories of that night, the night he got the worst beating imaginable, all for falling in love. Did he regret it though? No, he'd do it all over again if he had to. Ever kiss, every touch, every word, everything that he had shared with Yeonjun in the past few months meant everything to him.

He sat on the edge of his seat as the judge made her final ruling, taking all the evidence and statements into account.

He bit down nervously on his nails, his bangs hung in his face, covering his sweating forehead.

"Guilty."

The words that made Soobin's heart leap. His father was guilty, he was free.

He turned to his mother, embracing her, listening to her cry tears of joy and she held him, a broad smile across her face.

Everyone dispersed from the room, Yeonjun and his friends running up to greet Soobin.

The moment Yeonjun came close, Soobin pulled him in, smashing their lips onto eachother. He didn't care about other people seeing anymore, he was a happy man.

"He's gone!" Soobin cried happily,  the other boys joining in the group hug.

"I'm so happy for you Soobin!" Heuning Kai jumped up and down happily.

"It's for the best."Taehyun smiled, rubbing Soobin's back.

"You guys can kiss in public now!" Beomgyu cheered, Soobin laughing at his statement, before locking eyes with yeonjin, who gave him a strong smile.

He was a happy man.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The business would be transferred to Soobin once he finished University, it would be managed by his mother in the mean time. His father would spend most of the remainder of his life in jail, his mother had filed for divorce, it would be confirmed soon. Life for Soobin, was improving.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Yeonjun played with the boys hair, running his thin locks between his fingers.

"I'm just thinking, how much life has changed, for the better." Soobin laughed, his eyes crinkling, "if you had told me at the start of the year, that I'd have lost my virginity to the Choi Yeonjun, and I'd be madly in love with him right now, I'd have gave you my therapist's contact number."

Yeonjun smiled, letting him get up from his lap, "I'm so glad you came along, I love you. " Soobin gripped the back of Yeonjun's neck, gently bringing their lips together. He loved the feeling of the older boy's lips on his own, moving in synch.

"I love you too..." Yeonjun whispered into the kiss, so happy to finally have Soobin in his life.

Soobin pulled away, looking Yeonjun deeply in the eyes, "would you like to be my boyfriend?"

Yeonjun's eyes widened, he'd never have expected Soobin to ask him out, he thought he'd have to be the one to do so.

"I..." He was so in shock, he couldn't even formulate a proper answer, so instead he pulled Soobin back into a deep kiss, slipping his tongue inside his mouth, eliciting a soft whimper from the younger boy.

Soobin pulled back, giggling softly as he placed his forehead on Yeonjun's, "I take that as a yes?"

"A thousand times yes." Yeonjun smiled.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Yeonjun picked at the food on his plate, feeling awkward.

Soobin sat beside him, also picking at his food, not wanting to eat.

But who could blame them? It was their parents first time meeting.

"So...Mrs Choi..." Yeonjun's mother smiled, "I heard about what happened, I'm really sorry."

Soobin's mother kept quiet, scanning her face for sincerity, finding comfort in her smile, she smiled back.

"It's better like this." She told her, brushing some hair behind her ears, "but we aren't here to talk about my life, we are here to celebrate these boys." She clapped her hands, turning to face the two lovebirds.

"This is a wonderful opportunity." Yeonjun father began to speak, "we could merge the two companies, that is, if you are fine with it. I trust my company would be in good hands if left to my son and Soobin." He spoke like a true businessman, finding opportunity in everything.

Yeonjun sighed, "isn't that enough about business."

"I think it's a wonderful idea. What you boys have is something amazing." Yeonjun's mother spoke up, her kind eyes warming Soobin's heart. "Since he was younger, he always spoke about Soobin, I'm glad they eventually managed to get together, Yeonjun was always too scared to approach the poor boy!"

The table let out a loud laugh, except for Yeonjun, who mumbled something under his breath, rolling his eyes.

"It's my fault, I was very picky about the people I let my boy around, I regret it, he could've made so many good friends..." Soobin's mother looked down at her plate, frowning at the thought.

"Mom, I was too introverted to make friends anyways." Soobin reassured her, watching her pick her head up.

"Well, I'm happy for you two." She grinned, looking at her pretty son and his handsome partner, "I truly am."

"We all are." Yeonjun's father spoke up, his mother agreeing with him.

For the first time ever, Soobin had a good, happy, joyful, family dinner. He no longer felt alone on the world, knowing that Yeonjun, would always be by his side.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

The second last chapter...
I think I'm happy with how this one turned out, tying any loose ends.