ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩

"Sophie, glad to see you." Dale Jenson said, as Sophie mustered a small, friendly smile. "How was your trip?" He wondered. "It was good." Sophie replied. "But, I'm glad to be back, I guess." She left out the context that would've told she meant being back home, just to appease the man. To make it sound like she was happy to be back at her job. "And I'm glad to have you back—it's been busy without you!"

  "Oh... You didn't have Richard help with things while I was gone?" Dale half-heartedly waved her off. "He's busy on other projects." Sophie hummed, her curiosity piqued. "Didn't want to work with the company anymore?" Her boss sort of shook his head. "No, he's still with the company, just..." The man trailed off. "Anyways." Sophies green eyes narrowed a little. That answer sounded very evasive of something.

  "Can I put you on tonight's night shift?" Dale then requested, folding his hands over his desk. Sophie nodded. "Yeah, sure." She answered, having already anticipated a night shift. Being alone in the building... and alone with her boss's office. "Great. Oh, and by the way, one our new hires is going to be moved to night shifts. You'll be training her tonight." Sophie blinked. "... I will?"

  "Yes. If she does well, and you're confident in her abilities, I'm allowing you to leave the shift early—with full pay." Dale offered, giving her a fake smile. As though she wouldn't find issue with it. "Alright... then." The man nodded. "Alright, then. See you tonight." Sophie half smiled, getting up from the seat across from her boss. "Yeah. Tonight."

━━━━━━━ ● ━━━━━━━

  This office was strange. Either the owners didn't hold onto documents, or they were stored elsewhere. The Marionette couldn't tell. Putting the stack of loose printer paper back where he'd taken it from, he closed the drawer and sighed. It never used to be this hard looking for documents in the past. It was beginning to get plain irritating at this point. Looking about the office to try and think of where they'd be, Puppet saw the door open. In entered both Gold, and Springtrap. "There you are."

  "Springtrap?" Puppet's expression lightened. "Where have you been?" He wondered, as the two approached him. "I was locked in the basement. Gold found the key, luckily." Springtrap answered. Puppet looked to Gold. "Wait, why didn't you mention that?" Gold shrugged. "Doesn't matter, now." He said, seeming to have the same demeanor from the previous night. "Can I try somethin'?"

  "Sure." Gold briefly looked to Springtrap, before looking back to the Marionette. "Give me your hand." With a bit of a puzzled look, Puppet held out his hand. The bear took hold of it. Springtrap had an expectant look on his face, as he looked at Puppet. An awkward beat passed. "Gold... what are you doing?" Letting go of his friend's hand, the golden bear also looked confused. "I er... nothin'. Never mind." Puppet's puzzled expression slowly shifted to concern. He was about to voice said concern, when Gold suddenly changed the topic. "What were you doin' in here?"

"What?" Glancing back to the desk, Puppet remembered his original task. "Oh, I was looking for documents." He explained, heading towards a small filling cabinet set up by the desk. "What kind of documents?" Springtrap asked, crossing his arms inquisitively. "One of us got replaced with an animatronic, and I want to know what happened." Puppet told, quietly huffing to himself in mild frustration upon seeing the cabinet locked. "Who is it?" Gold questioned. "T. Fred, he wasn't with the other Toys."

Neither rabbit or bear made to respond to the Marionette's answer. Instead, they exchanged looks—both wondering if they should say anything. Silently, they seemed to agree that if they did, that would only create more questions. "Guys?" Puppet was looking at them somewhat inquisitively. "You both look like there's something on your mind... do you know something?"

"No," Gold said. "No, we don't." Eyes narrowed momentarily in suspicion, Puppet decided to let it go. "Well, would you both like to help me find the key to this thing?" He asked them. "Yeah, sure." Springtrap said, turning his attention to a nearby bulletin board—and Gold to the office's decorative bookshelf.

━━━━━━━ ● ━━━━━━━

"Okay, hear me out," The small, dark blue bunny began. "Both of them literally have white and pink fur! That's gotta be genetic or somethin'!" Funtime Freddy had a very interested look on his face as he listened to his little friend's logic. "Yeah sure. Freddy's got pink and white fur, doesn't make him and Foxy brothers!"

"Mine's purple-"

"Oh, I'm hurt!" Funtime Foxy commented in faux offense, holding a hand to his chest in a dramatic manner. BonBon put his paws on his hips, glaring Circus Baby's direction. "Well, duh! Freddy's a bear!"

"Still..." Baby hummed, watching from their corner of the room as Mangle made her way across via the beams in the elevated ceilings. "But also, Mangle can distort herself—Foxy cannot." She remarked, looking back to the little bunny. "What if she's related to Ennard?" BonBon facepalmed and shook his head.

"What're y'all talkin' about?" Bonnie wondered, joining the small group at their table. "BonBon is explaining to us why he thinks Mangle and Foxy and actually related." Funtime Freddy answered. Bonnie blinked, his mind immediately jumping to something strange. He looked at Funtime Foxy. "We're talkin' about you, right?" The fox nodded, leaving the bunny relieved.

"Good."

"Say, what was your name again?" Baby asked, leaning forward on the table. "Bonnie." He answered with a smile, before giving a question of his own. "Who all else is in your band, again?"

"We're not exactly a 'band', but we've got my older sister, Ballora, and her Minireenas." Baby happily answered. "Are they her kids, or somethin'?"

"They..." Baby trailed off, trying to think of how to answer. "I-I think they were brought in for this location specifically... I'm pretty sure." Came her reply, attempting to sound convincing. Bonnie nodded. "That all of you, then?" The four of them nodded. "There wasn't another fox?"

"What other fox?" Funtime Foxy wondered, giving the bunny a puzzling look. "I just thought there was another fox..." Bonnie said. "Guess I'm just gettin' mixed up, what with the lot of us." He brushed off with a light chuckle. Funtime Freddy was the only one to reciprocate the chuckle. Baby hummed. "Must be." She assured Bonnie, before BonBon brought the conversation topic back to what it had been originally. "Okay, as I was saying..!"