CHAPTER 121 TO 130

Chapter 121: The Smelly Boss Who Prefers New Over Old?

Rustling white snow that was light like goosefeather drifted down from the sky, covering the opulent imperial palace with a layer of silvery coat and adding a slight eeriness to the majesty of the Main Hall.

Ji Chengxue was wearing a white robe as he slowly headed toward the Main Hall. His hair was bound using only a string and he was wearing very little accessories.

The snow that accumulated on the path toward the Main Hall was already cleared away by the imperial palace's eunuchs, making the path easy to walk on. However, the further Ji Chengxue walked, the more he felt an oppressive feeling.

After passing through the Gate of Heavenly Mystery, the Main Hall was right before his eyes. He climbed a set of stone stairs and reached the entrance of the Main Hall. The eunuchs and court ladies that were nervously making preparations in the area hurriedly greeted him.

Ji Chengxue gently nodded and indicated them to continue with their work. With his hands held behind his back, he stepped into the Main Hall, the place where his father often stayed while he was still alive.

In the current Main Hall, the figure filled with vigor and determination from back then had already disappeared. Only an empty hall, seemingly left with helplessness and lament, remained.

Lian Fu slowly walked out from the back of the Main Hall. He seemed somewhat tired and faint dark circles had appeared around his eyes. His head of hair became eye-catching after turning white.

"Lian Gonggong," Ji Chengxue did not dare to look down on this chief of eunuchs. After all, he was a seventh grade Battle-Saint as well as his father's trusted aide.

"Your Highness, what is your purpose for coming here?" Lian Fu said as he lightly swung his horsetail whisk. His high-pitched voice revealed a hint of fatigue and sorrow still lingered on his face.

Lian Fu and the emperor had a close relationship and the two of them apparently grew up together. Now that Emperor Changfeng had passed on, there was no one who was more grief-stricken than Lian Fu.

Ji Chengxue took a deep breath and bowed toward Lian Fu as he said,"Lian Gonggong, I would like to see my father..."

Lian Fu dispiritedly pinched his thumb and middle finger together as he gave Ji Chengxue a glance and immediately refused."No, His Majesty once gave a command that no one is to see his remains before the funeral."

"As a son, can't I see my father for one last time?" Ji Chengxue asked with a frown.

"Your Highness, please turn back. You should know that this humble servant would never disobey His Majesty's decree, even if His Majesty has already passed away."

When Ji Chengxue saw Lian Fu's resolute attitude, he sighed internally and did not continue pestering him. He turned around and left the Main Hall.

Lian Fu's gaze was brooding as he watched Ji Chengxue's disappearing back figure.

...

Bang bang bang!

The sound of someone banging on the door interrupted Bu Fang, who was practicing the Big Dipper Carving Technique. He expressionlessly turned his head and glanced toward the door board that was shaking from the knocking.

Who in the world would be banging on the door at such an early hour?

Bu Fang washed his fair and slender hands and then wiped off the water droplets on them, before walking to the entrance and removing the door board.

Reflected in his eyes was a devastatingly beautiful face covered with a veil. The eyes on that face were excitedly staring at him.

"Owner Bu, you finally opened the door! Hurry up and let me in!" Ni Yan impatiently said.