For the First Time

True to his word, Keigo comes with me the next day to get my stuff to move into the penthouse in the hero agency. I swallow the lump in my throat before walking into the house. 

Recently, I've been staying at the penthouse already since we've had lots of paperwork as of late. Since we would get done around 11pm, it's been easier to just stay in the empty room. 

I haven't been home for 3 days

I unlock the door, stepping in and announcing my presence to my parents and Katsuki. Keigo follows after. 

"Oh Y/n you're back. You haven't been here for a while so-" Dad stops when he sees Keigo and drops his newspaper. "Oh. Hello Hawks" 

Mom peeks in from the kitchen, a smile on her face. "You're back and you brought the number 3 with you!"

'She seems chipper'

"Uh yeah. Anyways I'm moving into the hero agency so I just came to get my things" I start walking upstairs when dad stops me.

"Are you sure you want to do that Y/n?" He looks a bit skeptical. "You're only 18"

"Yes dad, but at the same time you've seen I've been finishing work late recently, so It would just be easier moving there. Plus, tons of employees live there"

It's not necessarily a lie, tons of employees do live at the agency, but no one lives in the penthouse except Keigo. 

He sighs before letting me pass, but as I'm about to enter my room with Keigo, Katsuki comes out of his room. We both look at each other for a second, and I'm about to open my mouth before he clicks his tongue, a scowl on his face as he walks downstairs. 

Since there are two of us, we quickly pack everything in boxes before stacking them together. As everything is being put away, I realize how little I have in my room. We only used five boxes, yet the room looks like it is ready for someone to move in. I take a deep breath before turning to him and nodding my head as I pick up two boxes to move to the car and he gets the other three. Outside, mom, dad, and even Katsuki watch as Keigo organizes my things in the trunk before closing it. I bite my lip nervously waiting for one of them to say something, yet when I look up mom has a wide smile on her face and Katsuki's is painted with a scowl. 

Dad is the only one who looks even remotely worried. 

"Well, I'm off now then" I speak just above a mutter

"Very well then" Mom clasps her hands together as she moves to stand in front of me. She meets my gaze and takes a deep breath. "Good job getting here Y/n. I mean it, I'm very proud of you"

In that moment, I felt time stop. My eyes widen slightly as I see a real, genuine smile on my mother's face, one I could have never imagined I'd be able to see. 

Katsuki is the exact mirror of her. He's everything she wanted me to be

Because of that, I never had a close relationship with mom, I was always closer to dad being that we  are so similar

But for the first time, I feel close to her. 

For the first time, I feel that she truly sees me and I truly see her

She pulls me into her embrace as a smile graces my own lips, holding back tears of joy. She lets go as dad walks up and gives me a hug of his own. 

"Your mother is right, you've worked hard to achieve what you have, and it has paid off." he smiles, ruffling my hair a bit. "Come back whenever you can, we'd love to see you."

"I'm sure we'll see her on TV" Mom laughs

Dad also lightly laughs. "It's different, but I know we will"

My gaze meets Katsuki's he scoffs and turns away, but he doesn't walk back into the house. Before I say anything, he speaks up. "I'll catch up to you...don't die out there"

His response makes me smile. "I'll be waiting Katsuki"

I say my final goodbyes to my parents before getting in the car and beginning the drive back to the agency. Keigo is silent for most of the ride, but it's a comfortable silence. Watching my parents disappear as we drive away, I'm filled with peace and security, knowing the path I'm walking is the right one for me.

For the first time, I take the next step without fear

~Later~

After a few hours, I am completely settled into the penthouse. Taking it in a second time, it feels more homey and less like a prison. Looking out towards the sunset, the city is filled with noisy cars and the chatter of people leaving their jobs and going home. I feel a gentle touch on my shoulders, and a smile appears on my face. 

"Are you hungry? We could go get something to eat?" Keigo suggests 

As I'm about to say yes, acknowledgment rushes through my brain

Even though we are together, our relationship is still probably not going to be smiled on by society, being that he is technically my boss. 

Relationship or not, he's still my superior. People wouldn't like that 

His fans, other heroes, I don't think even mom and dad would be happy about it

"Why don't we just have something here? It's been a bit of a tiring day and we do have work tomorrow again."

He takes a deep breath. "I don't think that's possible..." he trails off

I cock my head in confusion. "Why not? It would also be more economically efficient to just make something here. If you don't know how to cook, I do so that solves the problem."

"It's not that" He sighs and shakes his head

"Then?"

"I just...haven't gone grocery shopping in a while"

"Huh? What do you mean you haven't gone grocery shopping? How do you live and not shop for food?"

"I usually just work through the day and get something quick. A hero's job is never done." He rolls his eyes.

I push past him and make a b-line for the kitchen, specifically his refrigerator. I swing the door open to be met with almost nothing. 

'He really wasn't lying. He HASN'T gone grocery shopping'

I grab the milk carton in front of me and look at the expiration date. My eyes widen as I hear him shuffle next to me

"Keigo this expired four months ago" I say, shock evident in my voice

"I told you I haven't gone grocery shopping in a while" He leans on the cabinet door with a smirk on his face

'Why does he seem proud of it'

"You may be able to live without food, but I can't. One can only go so long eating out every day."

"I keep in shape" He flaps his wings and flexes his arms, causing me to roll my eyes

I make a mental note to go shopping within the next few days before letting out a long sigh. "Alright, let's get delivery then."

"I can live with that" He shrugs, then takes my arm. "Then, we could spend some time together"

"Oh? Doing what?"

"Whatever you want. I am at your beck and call" He winks, kissing my forehead gently 

I could get used to living this life