Hero Awards

As I make the finishing touches on my makeup, I can't help but stare at my reflection. I've never looked this fancy--I've never even dreamed of looking this fancy. My hair is neatly done and my features are highlighted because of the makeup. Yet even with this appearance, I still hold a sense of loss.

My mind can't forget about what Hawks said, about Mr. Hana and how hard he was trying to communicate with everyone, and we just walked away from that. The guilt is consuming me, yet I can't do anything about it.

Endeavor's right, I'm just a sidekick.

Taking in a deep breath, I carefully take the dress the agency sent me out of its garment bag, revealing a golden, floor-length dress with sheer at the bottom. The top is a high-neck, leaving the back half uncovered and no sleeves. I roll my eyes as I struggle to zip the dress up by myself. Keigo knocks at the door letting himself in and sees my struggle. He smiles to himself before approaching me and moving my arms to my side before helping me zip up my dress. When he does, the dress hugs my body perfectly, not too tight but not too loose either. As I look at our reflection, I notice Hawks' facial hair is neatly trimmed and his hair is nicely defined. His suit matches the color of my dress perfectly, it also brings out his eye color. He smiles and kisses my cheek before turning me around to face him.

"You look gorgeous, Y/n"

"You...also clean up nicely," I mutter as he laughs and holds me in his embrace

"I know we haven't been seeing eye to eye lately, and I'm sorry for that. I got you this to make up for me being difficult lately." He opens a box that reveals a diamond bracelet that sparkles with every angle. He moves my arm higher and carefully claps it around my wrist, kissing my hand after. I run my other hand over the bracelet, gently touching each stone with my index finger.

"Keigo I..." he places his finger on my lips shushing me before gently pecking my forehead.

"Shh...you don't have to say anything." He places his lips gently onto mine, making my heart skip a beat. As our lips move my hands find their way to his face as he pulls me closer to him

Everything feels so right, and yet so wrong at the same time.

He pulls away and licks his lips, grinning at me as he does it. "The flavor of your lip gloss is nice."

"Shut up...we better get going or we're gonna be late."

When we get to the elevator, Keigo slips my heels on my feet and opens the doors for us. As the elevator descends, my stomach flips over itself. We cannot let give the press even an idea that we're together, I know that, and yet, for some reason it feels like a lie

I'm aware society will drag my name to the ground, maybe even to the depths of hell

But is that really any different than how it's already been?

"Take a breath would you? You're anxiety is making me anxious" Keigo laughs before stopping the elevator on the second floor. "I'll get off here in order to not arouse suspicion. The press is likely already waiting outside the agency doors so I'll walk down the stairs. Just wait next to the receptionist counter. If I'm not there first." He kisses my hand gently before stepping out of the elevator and slipping through the emergency stairs right next to it. As the doors close I take a deep breath once again, closing my eyes in order to regain my composure.

I know how this works, pretending. Pull yourself together Y/n, you've done it for so long already whats the big deal? It's just one night

The elevator stops, revealing the doors to the front of the agency just a few more feet away. I step out, Keigo already waiting with his arm out for me to take. We walk to the entrance, the doors sliding open as it senses our bodies. As soon as they part, screams echo through the streets and countless cameras begin clicking. I smile and wave at all those I can, yet Keigo continues to pull me toward the limo that waits for us.