Bodyguard-2

Chapter 2:

The room was fair sized. There were a few couches lining the wall to the right and the left side was filled with piles of sketchbooks and pencils and every other drawing equipment possible to man, loaded on a slanting table. He was guessing that was where Sia jotted down her ideas.

The room itself was a soothing green colour mixed with light touches of purple and blue placed at odd angles rather than in straight lines. Julian didn't know much about fashion, but even he had to approve of the clever designs. There were small potted plants here and there as well, all natural, which seemed to be the theme of the office. Those plants had tiny white flowers that kept the room naturally fragrant. Julian took only a moment to take in his surroundings and finally looked straight ahead at the woman who had hired him. And felt his eyes widen in surprise.

In the far corner of the room was the main attraction. A wedding dress made of pure white silk and a lace train. The dress was also covered with several pearls of different sizes and shapes. It looked like a dress fit for a Queen and he didn't know why but standing right there, he had a vision, of him standing at the altar and a woman with warm smile standing beside him wearing that dress.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Julian's attention snapped back to the present and he shook his head in disbelief. How much lower could he get? Was being tagged a manwhore enough of a blow to his reputation that now he was having dreams of marriage? He was only 28 for God's sake and he was nowhere near ready to settle down! But thanks to the voice, he was finally able to focus on the woman who had spoken to him and for the second time in a span of a few minutes, he felt his eyes widen in disbelief.

Julian's breath caught in his throat as he looked at the only other human inhabitant of the room. The woman who sat behind the desk looked somewhat tired and messy, but that did not subdue the intensity of those bright emerald eyes, or her natural beauty. Hair of a darker shade of brown framed her heart-shaped face with delicate curls. The rest of her hair was pinned to the back of her head in a ponytail. She wore simple clothes, he could see as much from his current position right next to the closed door. A red cotton blouse, most probably paired with a pencil skirt as most Businesswomen preferred. But she had a certain intensity to her soft delicate features, something that made his heart hammer against his chest and a fresh wave of lust rise to the surface.

No! He grit his teeth to stop his mind from wandering into dangerous territories. He'd promised his brother he wouldn't let him down. For his own sake, he couldn't. She was just like every other woman, he reminded himself. She would soon lust after him and when it was over, he'd have another bunch of rumours that would be the final nail in his coffin. He'd lose both his job and the company.

He had no idea how long he stood there staring at her, but it must have been long since she arched a perfect eyebrow in his direction, one side of her lips tugging up in a smirk. And he realised for the first time how young she really was. Fifties? Sia looked like she was in her early thirties, if not even less. How can she be a mother of a thirteen year old boy?

"Please, have a seat Mr. Turner," said beautifully melodic voice, that was Sia Milton. It made a shiver run down his spine.

Oh, what has he gotten himself into?

Julian strode over to the desk with all the dignity he had left after being caught staring at his soon-to-be-employee and sat himself down easily on one of the chairs in front of the desk. He'd never before been taken by surprise in his life. Women fell at his feet as soon as they saw him. They worshiped his aura of raw masculinity, the very ground he walked on. But this woman seemed to be mocking him with her half smile and arched eyebrows. She was definitely immune to his charms. That was supposed to be a plus, wasn't it? This would make it easy for him to keep it in his pants since he never went after unwilling women. But why did Sia made him feel like he couldn't rest until he'd won her over?

Focus Julian! He thought to himself. You are here for a job, not to ruin your already ruined reputation further!

If there was anything left to ruin, his conscience reminder him.

Wrenching his wondering mind back into focus, he focused on the task he was here for. Because Julian never mixed work with pleasure, and Sia needed him to do his job.

Sia looked at the man sitting on the other side of the desk. She was thankful that on the outside, she appeared perfectly calm, but on the inside, she was far from being calm; she was scared out of her skin. Someone was after her life and out to get her son. Sia didn't care what happened to her, but they were after her son and she couldn't stand the thought of her little boy getting hurt.

That is why she had been forced to contact Turner Agency and hire their best, no matter how much everyone had warned her about his reputation. Julian Turner had rightfully earned the title of Hades, firstly because he had never failed in his missions and secondly, because of his skills in bed. The later she didn't have to worry about, she had written off men from her life ten years ago. Now the only man in her life was her own flesh and blood. But she needed nothing but the best for the job; it was her son's life she was concerned about.

Julian was well above 6 feet and had a muscular body to go with it. Sharp nose, bright blue eyes, midnight black hair, broad shoulders, long legs and strong arms. The perfect bodyguard as most of her friends/acquaintances had told her. For this one job, she was willing to overlook his scandalous behaviour. If she weren't so desperate she would've chosen someone else. But there was no one who could compare to Julian in his line of work.

So, let's get the show started; Sia thought to herself as she held her head high and began her interview.

This was going to be an interesting day.

########################################################

Hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment and follow.

And Enjoy!