Bodyguard-9

"Did any outside party help him?" Julian asked Selena as they stared at the blueprint of the Central Prison.

"Nope," Selena shook her head, her long, wavy, black hair pulled back into a ponytail. "Any friends he'd made were inside the prison. In fact, he even escaped like a rat, through the sewer system."

"How?" Julian asked as Selena bent over the map to show him the details. Selena was wearing her usual outfit of dark jeans paired with a black company t-shirt and a black leather jacket over it. Not only did she prefer to dress like a badass, she was one in real life too; no one could question her efficiency.

Now, she pointed her finger, with their nails painted bright red, at a cell near the back of the prison. "This is where he had been kept for the last two years. In fact this entire area is reserved for people with the most gruesome crimes. But two years without movement was a stupid decision on behalf of the Prison authority. Since he'd calmed down, showed less signs of aggression, they thought he'd accepted his fate. But Arthur seemed to have carefully calculated each move. He tracked the guards check in times as well as the time for meal deliveries. And then he dug up his toilet seat and made a hole big enough so he could pass through and walah! He went out right through the sewer systems."

"But this isn't as easy as it sounds." Julian told her after carefully studying the blueprint. "The only area of the prison which has their toilets linked to the sewers is in that particular area and that too only two cells have such links. It would've taken him a hell lot of trial and error to finally make his escape, which would men he had to spend a large amount of time inside the sewers to map out his escape route. And according to the data you gave me, the guards never found him out of place when they were on rounds."

"Exactly." Selena smirked at him. "This is why I told you that he'd made friends inside the prison."

"Explain." Julian folded his arms over his chest.

"The top-secret files that I hacked into tell me that the person who helped him escape was a man named David Muller, one of the prison guards on duty at the time and coincidentally, he too has gone missing the very same night that Arthur Stone escaped." Selena looked at Julian. "The police have searched their houses thoroughly but they are nowhere to be seen and since three months have already passed without a sighting, the police have almost given up on the case."

"Well, they can't just disappear without a trace and from the attacks that happened on Sia, they're clearly still in town." Julian rubbed his hands down his face before turning to Selena. "Find out if David and Arthur have any connection. The bastard's broke, doesn't have a penny to his name. We need to find out what prompted a Prison guard to suddenly go dark if money wasn't in the picture."

With that, Julian turned off the comm. on his laptop and went back to watching over Sia.

Sia regained consciousness with a start.

Her head hurt like hell and her temples were throbbing with a headache which she knew was only just making its presence felt, when the events of the day came rushing back to her.

Leo!!

Her eyes snapped open as she inhaled a huge gust to air to her lungs which were suddenly feeling constricted.

"Sia? Sia are you okay?" Worry laced in every syllable.

"Leo? Where's my Leo?!" A mother's deep, deep love for her child. A love that made Julian's chest hurt, made him suffocate.

"In his room. He's still sleeping, I checked on him just five minutes ago", he reassured her, taking her small hand in his large ones, squeezed, trying to calm her down.