Bodyguard-8

It had been an amazing lunch date with her son and her bodyguard. And yes, all Julian was to her was a bodyguard, who had promised to keep her and her son safe. But did it change the fact that she was physically attracted to him? No, it didn't. But she'd be damned if she decided to act on it. She had a moment of weakness last night; but she'll make sure it never happened again.

Sia decided to focus on things other than the six foot something impeccable man that was her bodyguard. She hadn't been able to take time off from work due to immense pressure, but she had finally decided she needed time with her family, her son. And she didn't regret the decision of skipping work for lunch. The only problem was, even the amazing food in front of her didn't help the jealousy that she felt when a waitress would give Julian flirty looks, or when they would bend down a little more than necessary just to give Julian a peek of their cleavage. Good thing was that Julian hadn't paid any attention to the desperate behaviour.

Julian had waited back to receive a call so she'd walked on ahead to her car with Leo. Once she reached her car she told Leo to sit in the backseat and buckle up while she waited for Julian. Though he wasn't speaking, he looked stressed and angry as he ran his hands through his midnight black hair, messing it up even further.

She was about to go over to ask him what was wrong when a sudden screech of tyres diverted her attention to the speeding Volvo at the exit of the restaurant. Something about the car felt awfully familiar and made a chill of fear trickle down her spine, rooting her to the spot.

She watched transfixed in horror as the tainted glass window of the Volvo went down low enough so that the barrel of a gun could poke out of it. And that was when she saw the trigger being pulled, the sound of the gunshot loud in the air as she felt deaf to any other noises around her.

Everything happened so fast that it felt unreal. One moment Sia was standing stiff as a board, her feet felt like boulders as she watched the bullet tear through thin air making its way towards her head and the next instant she felt her back roughly hit a car door and pain explode in her forehead.

It took a minute to register what had happened as her heart hammered inside her chest like a machine gun. She was pressed up against her own car, while Julian shielded her with his body. She could already see a deep gash on his shoulder as blood spilled on to his white T-shirt, staining it red. Julian had saved her at the last minute, pushing her out of the way and taking the hit himself. He took out a small gun from his back and pointed it at the Volvo.

"Leo, keep your head down and stay away from the windows!" Julian yelled making Sia wince at the loud noise as Julian return fired at the wheels of the Volvo which was now speeding away.

He then turned to her and noticed the gash she'd gotten when her head hit the side of the car. "Keep your head down and get in ok? And give me the keys," he told her urgently while reaching out and opening the backseat door.

Sia felt like she was unable to move, her feet frozen and her body going numb with fear, but her concern for Leo was far stronger than her fear and somehow, she found her strength to move. She kept her head down and got in.

By that time, a large group of security guards had gathered around the entrance. Julian made eye contact with them, asking them if the cost was clear. The guards nodded and Julian walked over to inform them what had happened and also show his ID. But he was back soon and into the driver's seat. As the engine roared to life, he looked back at mother and son cuddled in the backseat and yelled, "Hold on tight!" before moving full speed ahead.

He didn't make any stops, but he was always alert and watching the road for any cars following. He reached the Milton house within record time and locked the main gate with the new security code he'd installed last night.