Bodyguard-4

Chapter 4:

When Sia finally woke up from her slumber, it was almost noon the next day.

But she was in no hurry. She had created her best wedding dress till date and that too at the cheapest rate possible. She was happy that she'd been able to meet the demands of the underprivileged couple who will be starting their life together shortly. She sat up slowly and stretched, relieving the tension in her arm muscles. She hadn't trusted anyone else with her designs this time, consider how the wedding season was in full swing and employees are often tempted to sell designs to more prestigious companies who would charge a far higher rate for the gown she'd created, their goal to satisfy their own greed than bring a smile on a woman's face.

Sia had learned that the hard way when the company she had been working for as an intern had stolen her design and the man she'd considered her guru had taken full credit for the work. So she had grit her teeth and waited for her internship to be over, after which she'd said a big 'fuck you' to the offer of working as the man's assistant and started the company of her own. He'd laughed at her then, believing that she wouldn't be able to make it far in the industry, but eight years later, she was steadily climbing the success ladder while her so called 'guru' faced his downfall because of poor declining quality and higher price rates.

Sia got out of bed and went on to take a warm shower. She then dressed in one of her favourite sundresses, a blue knee length dress that had a white belt and three-quarter sleeves, followed by white slippers and pearl earrings. She liked to keep things simple.

When she was done she went downstairs for breakfast. "Good afternoon Sia!" Mrs. Stackhouse welcomed her into the kitchen and placed some bread, ham and cheese for her in a plate along with some freshly made lemon tea. Sia loved the aroma of lemon tea in the morning.

Sia ate her meal and drank her tea in comfortable silence. She wasn't surprised when her mind went back on her encounter with Julian Turner. She'd heard all about his reputation as a bad boy womanizer, but she'd also heard about his unmatched reputation as a bodyguard. She was glad she had appointed him though. He might be a womanizer but he had brains. He figured out in an instant that the attacks were a part of revenge and not someone trying to take over her company. Although the news he'd delivered was unnerving.

There was only one person she could think of who would do such a thing...but surely he wouldn't...would he? She had her doubts but knew must speak to Julian about her past no matter how hard it might be. She'd thought she was finally free of it; after all, it's been ten years. But psychopaths rarely forget their obsessions, no matter how much time had passed.

A sound of shoes on the marble stairs brought her attention back to the present. She looked towards the source of the noise just in time to see him jump of the last few stairs and land gracefully on his feet.

He was wearing blue basketball shorts and a white sleeveless hoodie with orange stripes in it. His light blond, almost white hair was still damp from his shower and his amethyst eyes looked directly at her, the excitement it them barely contained. Straight nose, full lips and a boyish but strikingly handsome face that would make any woman go crazy over him in the future. Leonard Stone was the splitting image of her, except for the eyes and hair. He was still a bit on the leaner side but boys his age usually were. She knew his body would fill out when he got a bit older and once he hits puberty.

"Good morning mom!" he exclaimed happily a he reached the kitchen counter and bend down to kiss his mother's cheeks.

"Morning Leo. Ready for practice?" she asked him, happy to get her mind off of serious things.