Author's Note

Hey, and welcome to Midnight Eclipse! 

This is a story that started brewing in my head as I was stuck revising SLB for the Wattys all summer (if anyone read my ONC entry Faceclaim, you might remember that there was a mention of a character called Björn the Bearslayer there, well this is his story!).

So what is this story? Well, it's a merge of a lot of different things I guess, that hopefully will come together into one compelling story. It's partly inspired by my own writing choices, as I lately have leaned toward historical fiction told in dual timelines where the past and present intersect in some way. I've been wanting to try to write such a story. This merged with the visual I had of Björn the Bearslayer, left on the shores of Greenland as his brethren sail away, afraid of what he will do to them. I also liked the idea of writing a story where I could include my Scandinavian heritage in some way (without outright setting a contemporary story in my home country, as that just sounds horribly boring to me :) ).

I've also been wanting to challenge myself by writing in first person present, so that's what I did here. It just seemed to fit this story. I do apologize if I make some errors as I adjust to this way of narrating the story though.

But I've blathered on long enough now, let's get to the story!

This story is completed