✨Fear Vs Courage✨

Nerd1Weeb2Geek3  DMed me, asking for some advice and I decided (with permission) to ask you all to help! Comment your opinions on Fear Vs Courage here or on their book! Thanks a lot!

Why is it so important that as Christians, we cast out fear and seek out courage? Why can't we be afraid or terrified?

Deuteronomy 31:6 says "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."

With that, he is telling us to cast out our fear and rely on His words instead to guide us. Proverbs 3:5-7 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil"

Fear is blinding and drains you of your happiness and peace; but the courage that God has granted us gives us unending joy and fulfilling rest.

He tells us "Do not be afraid or terrified
because of them" this tells us that by no
means should we be scared. What is the worst that could happen? By trusting God and giving yourself to him, by the words of John 3:16, as long as you believe you believe in him you will live on throughout eternity.

"Them"? Who does he refer to? The answer is in Hebrews 13:6- "So we say with confidence, 'the Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid'. What can man do to me?"

2nd Timothy 1:7- "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power, of love, and of self-discipline."

Because God is always with you, guiding, loving, and protecting you, there is no need to be fearful or scared. Instead we should honour our Lord by being strong and courageous in His name. We should have the courage not go be afraid.

Fear        vs          Courage

Weakness         vs        Strength

Lies        vs          Trust

Fear only has the power that we give it. It has nothing else. It is nothing else. So when we reject those lies it feeds us and instead take up arms of courage and life for Christ, it loses all power.

The song Fear is a liar by Zach Williams: the lyrics tell that fear steals our rest and even goes so far as to steal our breaths, the breaths given to us by God himself, and that instead we should cast our fear into the fire and let it burn.

I would think though that there are sort of two versions of fear as God tell that we should fear him and we should fear his majesty. The difference in the two types though, is that one actually has power.

God say that we should fear him, but instead of stealing our rest like one type does, he instead grants us rest and let's us sleep in his grace and warmth.

Like this I suppose:

Type one: this one has power and instead of taking something in return, it instead gives.

Type two: this one steals everything and robs us like a thief and leave nothing but an empty pit behind.

Know that fear has no hold on you, that you yourself are fearfully and wonderfully made.

(I don't know, I needed to wrap it up... please give me your thoughts and have a good afternoon!)