part seven.

Lilia decided to leave the track after had somewhat cleared the air with Max. After all, she was supposed to be resting. But naturally, she still used her computer to keep an eye on the testing session. By the time she had made it back, the other drivers only been out on the track for a few minutes.

"Lilia Aleksandra is one of the drivers who will not be participating in today's testing session after reports of sickness yesterday." Crofty said.
"Yes, Crofty, there seems to be a bit of a sickness bug going around the paddock recently doesn't there?" Martin replied.
"I believe so. Keep that mask on Ted!" Crofty said and laughed.
"So, Max Verstappen was ruled out of testing yesterday to a mechanical issue before the session even started, I believe. Hopefully we get to see the two red bull drivers on track at the same time. It would be, obviously, beneficial for the team." Martin said.
"Yes, absolutely. I would say it was a bit of a disappointing day for the team and Lilia yesterday, so they will definitely be hoping there isn't too many issues for Max today." Crofty replied.

Lilia rolled her eyes and silenced the volume.
She hated listening to other people talk about her. But at the same time, she needed to hear it; then she could do better. It's kind of like a toxic relationship. It's not good for her, but she can't ever stop. This time, though, she did. Her mood was far too down to bother focusing on every minuscule detail about herself and trying to perfect it.

She took a look at her phone that sat in the same place she left it last night, and then she went to pick it up.

She went into her messages and clicked on 'Mum ❤️'

'I'm an idiot, and I don't know what to do. I just wish I could tell you everything.' She typed.

It was just something Lilia did after her mother's death. She only got the number from snooping in her fathers phone. She didn't yet have a phone when her mother passed away- she was too young, but he always kept the number saved, so she added it to her contacts and whenever she felt low, she would message her with all of her problems. There would never be a response, of course. She knew that. It just helped to make her feel a little better.

'I know you'd say I'm not an idiot but I really am. I think I love this boy. But I don't know. Can you really call it love? It's the stupidest thing I could ever do because I don't even really know him that well. We kissed once and now I'm attached. I can't stop thinking about him. What would you tell me to do?'

She sighed deeply and put her phone to the side.

Then she heard the noise. A notification.
A text notification..
Her stomach did a backflip. A haunting fear, and also a great longing, shot through her body. But that's not possible- surely it's just a coincidence.

She snatched her phone back and saw the reply.

'Sorry, I think you have the wrong number. Who is this?'

Her heart sunk, even if it was impossible for it to really be her mother. She figured the number must've been given to someone else.

'Oh I'm sorry. This was my mum's old phone number. Sorry about that, I'll delete the number.'

'It's okay. I'm sorry- I'm assuming she passed away?'

'Yeah, she did.'

'I'm really sorry to hear that. Can I just say that I think she would've wanted you to do what is best for you. Think about what you want. If you really love this boy, you should go for it :)'

Lilia smiled at her phone.

'Well, thanks, but really it is stupid. We haven't properly spoke since we were kids, he just kissed me when he was drunk and said some nice things. I'm just lonely, I think, haha. Thank you though.'