- how you met -

- Finney Blake -

It was the year 1977, you were 12 years old in the 7th grade, just moving from San Francisco, California, all the way to Denver, Colorado.
You weren't upset but yet you weren't happy either. You were sad that you had to leave your friends, well it's not like you had many. Only two, your best friends Jennifer and Michael. They were always there for you no matter what. Just you three, always.
But then again, you were happy that you got to meet new kids, and you were hopping they were as kind as Jennifer and Micheal.

Y/N POV
I was nervous about moving, a part of me was sick and wanted to vomit, but another part of me was excited. We moved in next to a lovely married couple and their two children.

(Finney and Gwens mother is going to be alive for now, this is a year before.)

the boy looked around my age and the girl looked just a tad bit younger, maybe a year.
I really wanted to go talk to them but luckily their mother was kind enough to greet us at our front door with cookies! Next to her was her son and on the other side was her daughter.
"Hello! You must be the L/N family. I'm Mary Blake but you can just call me Mary." she smiled. I was next to my mom, slightly hiding behind her like a scared little child. "And these are my two children Finney who is 12, and Gwendolyn who is 11." They waved to me and smiled but Finney seemed shy just like me, but I still waved back, after all, I didn't want to give them the wrong impression.
My mom invited Mrs. Blake in, as it was Friday. Gwen went over to her friends house soon after we talked more and got to know each other. It wasn't that late out, 6:43 read the time, the sun was just now setting.
"Hey, um, Y/N right? Do you maybe want to go for a walk, I can show you around town.." Finney spoke quietly towards me "sure!" I smiled back.

- Robin Arellano -

You were just 7 years old when your father had died, and that's when your mom decided to move. Where you guys were moving was much more quieter and cheaper than your last place. You were excited to move, you didn't have much friends, I mean, you were only in the 2nd grade but kids didn't like you that much. You didn't know why, you were so naive about that stuff.
When your mom told you that you guys were moving, you were excited but yet upset that you had to leave the place you've been in for so many years and leave all of your old memories behind. You were mostly upset about your dad, you didn't know what to do, you were so young. Your dad was your best friend, you guys would always play board games together, go to ball games, dance around the house. You were surely going to miss him.

When you arrived at your new home, you noticed a boy that looked around your age with shoulder length brown hair and a bandanna next to him in the floor. Boy, was he fascinating to look at. I mean, you were 7, you could definitely dream. He seemed to be kicking around a ball with just himself, maybe he didn't have much friends?
He seemed to have noticed you too because he sent you a small smirk and then sent the attention back to the ball right after.

You didn't feel like unpacking yet so you left your mother to the work (rude😭).
You were on your sidewalk, coloring in your strawberry shortcake coloring book, very neatly until something hit your hand making your page get somewhat ruined. "Hey!" You yelled, noticing it was the ball that the boy across the street was playing with, you look up and see him. "I'm sorry! I kicked in the wrong direction.." he says, scratching the back of his neck, embarrassed. "it's okay.. just be careful next time. You messed me up! Now I have to start all over again." You say, "Sorry about that.. uhm, hey, do you mind if I color with you?" You look up at him like "seriously?" But then you look down, sigh and nod. "Sure.., sit down here." He smiles happily, gladly taking a seat next to you.
For the rest of the evening, you guys talked and colored, enjoying it.