- fighter -

Y/N POV
My best friend, Robin Arellano, was known for fighting people. He was tough and strong and people definitely knew not to mess with him.
Until this asshole Moose thought it was a great idea to say something stupid about me.
I didn't know what it was about, Robin wouldn't tell me.
I didn't support the fights Robin got into, mostly they were because someone said something stupid about me. I told him to stop fighting and he told me he would but obviously he can't listen.

I arrived at school, thinking it'd be quiet seeing it was Friday, but boy was I wrong.
"fight, fight fight!" kids in a circle chant.
"you think you're so tough, huh?" Moose, one of the biggest assholes in school says. "let's find out." a voice, you recognized. your best friend Robin. you sigh in disbelief. "I will pound you like a nail, you scrawny little ____." I was shocked. and so we're the kids around them. "then do it." Robin spoke. "unless your scared." making Moose tense up and then eventually go for the punch but misses miserably as Robin ducks it, punching him right in the stomach and then kicking him in the face, kids around them start cheering. Moose comes for Robin again but Robin blocks the punch Moose attempts to throw. "get him, Robin!" Gwen spoke. That girl needs to stop influencing him.
Robin choked Moose and pushed him down to the ground and kneels almost on him. he punched his face numerous of times, blood was everywhere. I stayed with Robin until it got out of hand. and it did. I wasn't going to stop him, I was angry at him, but he was my best friend so I had to wait.

He got up and grabbed his bag when he was done but spotted me so he walked over and that's when I started walking away. "Listen, I know you're mad but I couldn't help it! He was saying shit about you." I looked at him like '🤨' "what was he saying??" I stopped dead in my tracks. "Uh, nothing. But will you come to the bathroom with me? I need help cleaning this mess up.." I nodded and we walked hand in hand to the bathroom.
Once we arrived, I sat on the sink, getting stuff out of my bag. Robin occasionally got into fights and I always had to help him when something happens to his face or his hands. Most of the boys are used to me being in there with him, some despise it.
"You really need to stop getting to fights Robin. Even if someone says some stupid shit about me, who cares?" I said, pouring some alcohol onto his knuckles as he winced in pain, not caring if it got on my jeans. "I care Y/N! I'm sick of this entire school." I sighed. "I'm just trying to look after you Robin, I care and I want you to care too." I said, looking into his eyes. God, they're stunning. "I know N/N.. but I do care!" Liar. "No you don't Robin." I laughed, wrapping his hand up with a long bandage. "I do." I'm not fighting with his stupid ass. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "Okay, all done Robin." He smiled as I hopped down from the sink. "Thank you, N/N." He took my hand and hugged me.

- timeskip bc I'm so tired rn, Y/N is at her locker putting her stuff away because it's the end of the day and also it's still her POV-

I was walking to my locker when I noticed Robin shoving something in there, luckily, he didn't notice me but he walked in the crowd of people disappearing.
When I arrived to my locker I placed all my stuff in my bookbag and saw the flowers that Robin seemed to have shoved in there, I think he picked them from the grass outside? They seemed to be taped together. I picked the line paper up which was messily folded and began reading.
"Dear Y/N.
I like you. I don't mean to be straightforward but I really do like you Y/N.
Your beautiful E/C eyes, your (curly, straight, wavy, poofy) type, H/C hair. Your amazing sense of style, your humor, how understanding you could be, and overall your personality.
You're a great person Y/N and I love you for that, you help me all of the time even though I could be so stubborn. I love you novia, more than anything in the world, more than my pañuelos.. I hope I haven't ruined anything between us.
I didn't want to make this long but meet me on the sidewalk, okay?
Love, Robin."

I genuinely wanted to cry. I had loved him for so long but I just couldn't realize it. I quickly got all my things together, shoved the note in my pocket and ran to the sidewalk outside of school.
I spotted Robin, pacing back and fourth but I ran so fast to him we almost fell. I hugged him so tight. "I love you so much Robin." I felt him smiling as his face was buried in the crook of my neck. "I love you too Y/N."

word count: 887